Supplements/ Protein Powder/ Essential Oils Etc.

The webpage is devious. I was looking at it and they have an address in Buenos Aires, one in Cordoba, Spain and in Dallas, Texas. I would definitely have a bone to pick with them.
Yep. The agent promised the package would be sent back, I have the receipts. Let me be the guinea pig for this one. If anyone else plans to import anything from that website or protein powder/supplements/medicine don't do it. The Agent was telling me he has had numerous sick people crying in front of him because they couldn't let the person have the medicine for cancer treatment they had imported. I found it so hard to comprehend being spoken to like I was committing a crime by importing protein powder - even after I explained that I bought off the website because I believed it was Argentinian. The way they try to threaten you with trouble and make you scared is disgusting. I have noticed the people here hold a fear of the government even if they are doing nothing wrong - makes me sick.

thanks somewhereinba for enlightening us with the experience. appreciated.

The Agent was telling me he has had numerous sick people crying in front of him because they couldn't let the person have the medicine for cancer treatment they had imported... way they try to threaten you with trouble and make you scared is disgusting. I have noticed the people here hold a fear of the government even if they are doing nothing wrong - makes me sick.

Having been in this EXACT position at Ezeiza for my own cancer meds, I totally understand. We spent 4x what they cost on taxes and door to door shipping and I never got them, nor were they returned to sender. It set me back and made my life a hell for quite some time, and unfortunately I haven't been able to leave the country for six years now so it is an especially powerless feeling.

Again, I am so sorry for the original post here, which was made in good faith. I really hope that you are able to resolve this - I had no idea that the company was so devious when I recommended it. I had really scoured their site to see if it was what they presented it as and thought I'd struck gold. I will keep an eye on this post and I wish you the best.

I've had some packages sent back from Eze on my request. I eventually did get a partial refund from the company.

I wouldn't even bother trying anything now.

I wonder how those AFIP people who deny medication sleep at night.

Having been in this EXACT position at Ezeiza for my own cancer meds, I totally understand. We spent 4x what they cost on taxes and door to door shipping and I never got them, nor were they returned to sender. It set me back and made my life a hell for quite some time, and unfortunately I haven't been able to leave the country for six years now so it is an especially powerless feeling.

Again, I am so sorry for the original post here, which was made in good faith. I really hope that you are able to resolve this - I had no idea that the company was so devious when I recommended it. I had really scoured their site to see if it was what they presented it as and thought I'd struck gold. I will keep an eye on this post and I wish you the best.

I'm surprised you couldn't find someone to bring the meds here for you. Even someone here on this list.

I'm surprised you couldn't find someone to bring the meds here for you. Even someone here on this list.

Thanks for the suggestion, that is what I have been doing for many years now, this was an exception and I am back to the usual ways. It's unbelievably unfair for people who don't have the same opportunities for people to bring them things. Life or death for some, really.

So, is there no normal way to buy protein powder (and other such things) in Buenos Aires? Sorry, I'm a noob.

You can get it in Farmacity for example - not sure about the quality differences to imported products though.

Well I finally have an update. After about 10 phone calls to the Australian biovea phone number (toll free ;) ) I managed to get a refund like I promised of the original purchase (products only) to the Argentine credit card, the 35% tax got refunded to the Argentine card automatically and I got a refund in USD for the 50% import tax and 35% overseas purchase tax to my paypal account. So I ended up on top but the effort was a major PITA - they were struggling to calculate how much to refund me even after receipts and currencies were provided, somewhere along the line they began talking about Mexican pesos..... Some serious lack of intelligence shown by those who answer the calls. I can almost promise I would end up with hardly anything If I bothered to push for a refund through their "Argentinian" office. The last official status of my beloved protein powder is "destroyed by customs" which officially means some nice bloke took it home and it is now listed on mercadolibre for double the price. The refund for the taxes was more about the principle than the money, I don't like ever rewarding businesses with shoddy practices. Buen suerte !

Back