Surprise Visit

Nope, never insecure, never cared what she was doing. Just happy to be away from her. The key word here is AWAY.

When I grew up in New York City we were taught to always look behind us and if we saw anything that could be a threat, run like hell. It's still good advice.

I challenge the females to put up a post that is as funny as my post about my disguise. Come on ladies, put away the anger
Jeff you're charmed. You've met the love of your life and are about to be remarried. Be the bigger man and invite the ex for an asado or if that's too difficult (after 22 years???) just a coffee and an alfajor together. Life is short. We all meet/connect/marry/divorce etc for a reason. Let Bsas be the olive branch that binds you! PS your photo wasn't funny...scary but not funny.

My old man always said "Don´t get married, just find someone you hate and buy them a house, it´s easier."

Guess he was right.

(N.B. - Non-gender specific comment)

Jeff you're charmed. You've met the love of your life and are about to be remarried. Be the bigger man and invite the ex for an asado or if that's too difficult (after 22 years???) just a coffee and an alfajor together. Life is short. We all meet/connect/marry/divorce etc for a reason. Let Bsas be the olive branch that binds you! PS your photo wasn't funny...scary but not funny.
I've tried to introduce ex-gf's to each other as friends before, several times and it always ended up being a complete and utter disaster. Women are far far more competitive than men, and generally quite possessive, and for what I see, latina gf's even more possessive. I would not wish such a meeting on my worst enemy unless both women happen to be the very rare exception.

5JDc815905.jpg

It would be funny that a new member posts a message like: "Hi everybody! I'm a woman coming from XXX to Bs As for the first time. I hope for the best for this trip... the only thing that annoys me is that my ex hubbie lives here (22 years we broke up). Damn, this guy was so... bla bla bla"

It could be that she's reading this forum :p

I've tried to introduce ex-gf's to each other as friends before, several times and it always ended up being a complete and utter disaster. Women are far far more competitive than men, and generally quite possessive, and for what I see, latina gf's even more possessive. I would not wish such a meeting on my worst enemy unless both women happen to be the very rare exception.
I think you guys can sweat it too much. I know when my then boyfriend's ex-wife called me to ask to meet he went into a meltdown insisting I didn't go..which of course made me even more determined to go in case he was a well disguised axe murderer and she would reveal all. In the end the meeting was an anti-climax and his worst sin acc. her was to not get the shower fixed for 6 years (oh how I should have listened, he's a a DIY disaster). I went to satisfy my curiosity and hers and to reassure her I wouldn't be a wicked step-mommy to their son. Of course although our meeting was amicable it didn't stop the ex-wife being a complete bitch over many years and indeed moving country to be closer enough to torture us but fortunately she found a new man whose life she could upset. I doubt Jeff and his fiancée have anything to fear from such a meeting and maybe everything to gain in terms of developing an amicable relationship which will surely make his children happy. I wish them well. Love conquers all.

I think you guys can sweat it too much. I know when my then boyfriend's ex-wife called me to ask to meet he went into a meltdown insisting I didn't go..which of course made me even more determined to go in case he was a well disguised axe murderer and she would reveal all. In the end the meeting was an anti-climax and his worst sin acc. her was to not get the shower fixed for 6 years (oh how I should have listened, he's a a DIY disaster). I went to satisfy my curiosity and hers and to reassure her I wouldn't be a wicked step-mommy to their son. Of course although our meeting was amicable it didn't stop the ex-wife being a complete bitch over many years and indeed moving country to be closer enough to torture us but fortunately she found a new man whose life she could upset. I doubt Jeff and his fiancée have anything to fear from such a meeting and maybe everything to gain in terms of developing an amicable relationship which will surely make his children happy. I wish them well. Love conquers all.
It makes more sense if there are kids in the mix.

It would be funny that a new member posts a message like: "Hi everybody! I'm a woman coming from XXX to Bs As for the first time. I hope for the best for this trip... the only thing that annoys me is that my ex hubbie lives here (22 years we broke up). Damn, this guy was so... bla bla bla"

It could be that she's reading this forum :p
You missed your chance Frenchie. Could have made up a new user name and had some real fun.

Chatting to a friend today who made me realise that some exes can be scarily obsessive and violent no matter the time passed. There's no doubt of 2 sides to every story but hoping that isn't the case in Jeff's saga and that he will report of a peaceful/positive visit.

Back