Ar Peso Is The Worst Investment (Currency) In 2014, Surprise

AR peso and bitcoin are the worst currency/investment in 2014. Neither of them looks bright in 2015 or next few years. In the long run, I would pick AR peso over bitcoin.

Where is the surprise? That bitcoin is even worst?
Nobody save in pesos, so what? What's new?
The first link asserts that the evonomy is as bad as 2001... No comments.
When people say "surprise", in this case, it means no surprise. Now you know :)
We are saying the same thing, happy new year.

Not only that, they didn't say it was as bad, they said it was almost as bad as 2001/2002...

I was talking to an architect friend yesterday- he told me that two former students of his have designed 40 new 10 story or taller apartment buildings in the last few years. All built, and departmentos sold, usually in advance.
Every neighborhood I am in has new buildings going up left and right. New cars everywhere. There are more motorcycle and car dealers in Nunez and Olivos and San Isidro than in most US cities. The big, expensive restaurants are constantly full. Clothing stores, shoe stores, and jewelry stores are all selling stuff.
People try to tell me they are spending so they wont be stuck with pesos, but thats baloney.
If you are really broke, you save your money for food, not spurge on a big screen tv.
The economy here is far from perfect, and plenty of people are hurting, but its nothing like 2007, much less 2001.

2001/02 were a disater for all with pesos and money in the bank but who knows what 2015 will bring
I am sure many of you don't remember the 80s but they were a disaster , too
I used to run to the small supermarkets to buy goods before the new prices were put on which was a daily event as well as run with my salary to buy USD
I still run to buy USD and buy more than I need in the super often, too!
is its the 80s again?

Agreed that the economy isn't as bad as a lot of people or the press portrays it.

But it is fragile, and with the fed raising rates soon and commodity prices heading down, it is possible that things are going to get worse.

The economy is in its best shape from a long time ago. After Peron (1973) we had Rodrigazo, then the dictatorship that froze salaries (a classic "ajuste") then Alfonsin, all good intentions but with hyperinflation, then Menem (with the dictatorship, worst time of the country ever) and then this K era, with the lower inflation of this country since the 50s (excepting Menem, but that was very particular), no unemployment, no debt, inclusion, growth. Of ocurse is far from perfect, we have inflation which is a big problem for everything. But this country has a big history with inflation, so some inflation is allowed considering other variables that are ok.
If we hadnt inflation, with all the inclusion, with people getting out of poverty, with low unemployment, said these by serious people not INDEC, etc, this wouldnt be Argentina.

Back