Survey - What are the 3 biggest issues you have in BA?

BsAs is far from perfect and during the six years I've lived here, I've seen and experienced stuff I would never have dreamed possible.
Held up at gunpoint twice in my shop. Car broken into countless times etc etc.
Dog poo all over the place, crazy beurocracy and corruption....the list goes on.
It's not as if other countries don't have similar problems, is it?
But as others have said, when you are married to a local, it does alter your perspective.
When in Rome?

Yeah, mine fell off somewhere over the Atlantic................

I´m from Argentina but I definetly hate a few things from here.
1-The rude people: They don´t have manners, the are always cursing, the are moody, they are plain rude.
2- Inflation: Prices go up each month. This sounds silly but I hate paying 3 pesos for a cereal bar or an alfajor when just a year ago the price was 1.50-2. From those little things to the bigger things of course.
3-Government: lies, lies, lies
4-Dirty streets: All the trash on the streets. People just don´t bother to use the garbage bins.
5-Insecurity: I have never been mugged but I heard really scary stories and I hate living in such insecurity.

Anyways, I could come up with a lot more things.
I know I´m from here but I have lived in the United States and I prefer living there 100 %.
I will go back, eventually cause I know for sure that I am NOT living here forever.

>> 3 biggest issues/problems with living in BA?

1. Fear of myself, family or a friend being seriously injured during a robbery.
2. Fear of my kids getting hooked on paco.
3. Fear of myself, family or a friend being abducted.

So far members of my family have been robbed at gunpoint several times, and a friend was shot in the leg during an attempted robbery. I don't worry too much about dogshit dude!

Markgeezer said:
>> 3 biggest issues/problems with living in BA?

1. Fear of myself, family or a friend being seriously injured during a robbery.
2. Fear of my kids getting hooked on paco.
3. Fear of myself, family or a friend being abducted.

So far members of my family have been robbed at gunpoint several times, and a friend was shot in the leg during an attempted robbery. I don't worry too much about dogshit dude!

thank you! specially considering the amounts if dog shit in places like Berlin.

you can always prevent your kids from chosing paco rabanne by introducing them to higher end perfumery that renders them more mellow and malleable

Matt84 said:
thank you! specially considering the amounts if dog shit in places like Berlin.

you can always prevent your kids from chosing paco rabanne by introducing them to higher end perfumery that renders them more mellow and malleable

Matt84, did you come up with those jokes yourself or did you get someone to help you; I guess that many people were in stitches, although I did think that the mention of Berlin was just a touch off-topic. Dare I ask if you are German.... just because I am not used to your/ that sense of humour.

So, are you living in some kind of bubble or what. I just checked your mails and immediately saw that you got a beating and mugging in one of your first posts. Í haven't had your problems in 22 years living in BA and I can tell you that when little boys point a shooter in your face... the only thing on their mind is paco, so what will you say then ???

Suerte fool

Markgeezer said:
Matt84, did you come up with those jokes yourself or did you get someone to help you; I guess that many people were in stitches, although I did think that the mention of Berlin was just a touch off-topic. Dare I ask if you are German.... just because I am not used to your/ that sense of humour.

So, are you living in some kind of bubble or what. I just checked your mails and immediately saw that you got a beating and mugging in one of your first posts. Í haven't had your problems in 22 years living in BA and I can tell you that when little boys point a shooter in your face... the only thing on their mind is paco, so what will you say then ???

Suerte fool

I had extensive help from don benjamin nieto senetiner.

im not or would ever be German, I just recall a few years ago when there was indeed a hundscheisse grossprobleme in Berlin. Actually that was the one part that was not a joke, I was agreeing with you that violent crime is indeed worse of a problem.

of course I live in a bubble, we all do, otherwise it'd be unbearable. but I also engage in dangerous adventures like visiting villas d emergencia, flying a plane, or in the case of the thread you found, getting out of a cab in recoleta and getting mugged. How foolish of me to consider recoleta safe. I never got any friends shot though.

suerte wiseman

mmc1985 said:
I´m from Argentina but I definetly hate a few things from here.
1-The rude people: They don´t have manners, the are always cursing, the are moody, they are plain rude.
2- Inflation: Prices go up each month. This sounds silly but I hate paying 3 pesos for a cereal bar or an alfajor when just a year ago the price was 1.50-2. From those little things to the bigger things of course.
3-Government: lies, lies, lies
4-Dirty streets: All the trash on the streets. People just don´t bother to use the garbage bins.
5-Insecurity: I have never been mugged but I heard really scary stories and I hate living in such insecurity.

Anyways, I could come up with a lot more things.
I know I´m from here but I have lived in the United States and I prefer living there 100 %.
I will go back, eventually cause I know for sure that I am NOT living here forever.

you're going to make some folks angry. They want you to say how bad the US is and how all the things you said are worse in the US.

Back