Sweet Dog Needs A New Home!

dietzele

Registered
Hi everyone! Well my husband and I have decided to go back the US (Im from Orlando) and we need to find a loving home for our 1.5 year old dog. His name is Nitay and he´s a mix (we think boxer, german shepard, and something else). He´s very sweet, loves to run and play. He´s big but still acts like a puppy. You can feed him out of your hand, never bites or gets aggressive. He only barks at strange men passing in the street...great security! While I´d like to keep him, we´ve had him since he was born, it´s going to be very complicated to make the move with him. If anyone is interested or knows of someone, please contact me at [email protected]. Here´s a link to some pictures of him.
https://www.facebook...=1&l=4747783825

Thank you!
Emily

My read is Pit Bull and Shepherd; a great combination. Why aren't you taking him?

I'm with the others, what exactly is so complicated? Aside from extreme financial difficulty, I couldn't imagine many other reasons not to take the pet you had since birth. He's a responsibility that you took on.

I'm also heading back to the States soon... with my 70lb German Shepherd in tow. I realize it's not cheap (about US$500 to take her on the same flight as us) but if it was your kid, you'd come up with the money, wouldn't you? In the pictures your dog looks happy and loved. How do you think he will feel when he is abandoned by the people he loves? What I am saying might sound harsh to you.... but there is nothing in this world that would make me leave my pup behind.

Dogs are a 10-15 year commitment. Why in the world would you adopt a dog knowing that if you ever left you wouldn't take him with you?

To not bash (but I'd never leave my dogs like others above), you have been honest and you should have lied and said you rescued him recently, because people would be more motivated. That might be freudian (you don't want to leave the dog in fact).

What's the major difficulty you have to take him with you?

It's doable to take him with you (but it has a cost indeed):
http://baexpats.org/topic/8257-coming-to-bsas-with-dog/
And the famous Chu-Chu rescued by BKK to BA (he finally took her with him to Thailand!) : http://baexpats.org/topic/9760-taking-my-dog-with-meassistance-needed/

Yea, it seems really unfortunate to give him up just because you're moving. Maybe leave him with family or friends until you're settled and can come back for him or make arrangements to have him shipped.

I think my husband would more readily leave me behind than our dog! It's one thing to leave them with someone you trust, but if you love the dog you'll always be wondering how he's being treated, if he's okay, etc.

In all fairness Emily, you didn't ask us if you should take the dog or leave it. But, if I were adopting a dog I would ask the owner why they weren't taking him with them. If the answer didn't seem straight, then I'd assume that it is a problem with the dog. When I came to BA I left my dog behind with very good friends who had a dog that happened to be best friends with my dog. That is the only way I would have left him. My dog and I Skype now about once a week.

Hopefully, you'll find a good home for him if you can't take him with you. :)

Back