SWIMMING WEATHER!!! but where?

zachary_matthews

Registered
i tried to get into Club Di Amigos this morning but was denied due to no membership, they said a membership costs 25 arg. pesos to join, but it is limited and does not include pool use. only athletics and gym,

any ideas? ( yes i considered 'sneaking in'!, but thats not in my nature)

¿how is park north for swimming.?

any members of club di amigos who are allowed to take guests? im buying lunch and beers if you can!

zacharias

Parque Norte is uh...interesting. It's very large, lots of pools and greenery. Also lots of people.

It's 35 pesos for the day, you have to go through a "medical check" and then you can enter.

I don't recommend going on a weekend - it will be PACKED. And while very little makes me squeamish - that place did. Between the long wait in line, having to shower in a room full of people with the showers continually running and the dirty water up to my ankles, having my toes checked (for fungus I assume) and my hair checked for lice and seeing 58098328382 people in the pool, including children in diapers - well - lets just say I didn't go in the water nor would I ever return.

My friend had been on a week day and said it wasn't bad but I wouldn't ever go again.

zachary_matthews said:
THANKS, FOR RUBBING IT IN THAT IS!

enjoy that pool howard!
sorry Zac.look on the bright side.It,s gonna rain tomorrow and i,ll be ironing...:confused:

citygirl said:
Parque Norte is uh...interesting. It's very large, lots of pools and greenery. Also lots of people.

It's 35 pesos for the day, you have to go through a "medical check" and then you can enter.

I don't recommend going on a weekend - it will be PACKED. And while very little makes me squeamish - that place did. Between the long wait in line, having to shower in a room full of people with the showers continually running and the dirty water up to my ankles, having my toes checked (for fungus I assume) and my hair checked for lice and seeing 58098328382 people in the pool, including children in diapers - well - lets just say I didn't go in the water nor would I ever return.

My friend had been on a week day and said it wasn't bad but I wouldn't ever go again.

ROFL. Exactly how I would imagine an Argentine pool to be. Offtopic but what are the faux beaches like in the town?

I'm about to join a gym in Santa Fe that has a pool. I shall be checking it out this week. It is inside though. If it is good I'll let people know!

yeah,id half expect it to be crowded and full of diapered ninos as well,.. im not sure id pass the lice or fungus test,

nothing wrong with a good ipod and a large towel on the grass of the japanese garden i suppose.

thanks guys, goodnight!

Back