Taking Bicycle On The Airplane.

I checked fhe prices of good road bicycles in the States and they start at $1,500 US. Maybe a used good road bicycle for training can be found on Craigslist. It will be challenging with the bike, suitcases and meowing cat.

There are three things when considering buying a bike. Think of these as separate parts to the whole.

1. Frame geometry and material
2. Components (all the stuff like gears, brakes, and cranks that are bolted onto the frame)
3. Wheels

You can get a very nice bike (carbon frame, mid-range components and nice wheels) for U$1500. If you know bikes you can find them on Craigslist and eBay for less. I sold my last road/racing bike on Craigslist for U$1500 (that had high-end components, carbon frame, and Reynolds carbon racing wheels.

Unless you are very attached to your bike (the bike that you won your Ironman age-group on :) ) I might suggest selling it here and buying a new one when you get to the States or where ever you are going.

GS

There are three things when considering buying a bike. Think of these as separate parts to the whole.

1. Frame geometry and material
2. Components (all the stuff like gears, brakes, and cranks that are bolted onto the frame)
3. Wheels

You can get a very nice bike (carbon frame, mid-range components and nice wheels) for U$1500. If you know bikes you can find them on Craigslist and eBay for less. I sold my last road/racing bike on Craigslist for U$1500 (that had high-end components, carbon frame, and Reynolds carbon racing wheels.

Unless you are very attached to your bike (the bike that you won your Ironman age-group on :) ) I might suggest selling it here and buying a new one when you get to the States or where ever you are going.

GS

I'm inclined to do just that and sell it. It's difficult because a dear friend had it made for me here. I guess I have to choose between the cat or the bicycle. LOL.

Back