Taking Money out of Country

Wisconsin

Registered
Does anyone know the best way to take money out of the country? Like more than the 10,000USD limit? How does the process work to declare that money at the airport? What about wire transfers?
Thanks for the help!

I'll be a cash mule. Pay me 1000 bucks and a round trip ticket and I'll take 10000 of your dollars to wherever you need it. I'm only half-joking.

Why does it depend if it's pesos or dollars? It will probably be pesos though.

It doesn't matter whether it's in dollars or pesos. The limit for undeclared cash brought into or out of the country is USD10,000 or its equivalent (in foreign currency, traveler's checks, gold or silver, etc.)

Wisconsin said:

It'll cost you about 6% to wire out dollars. It costs about 40% to wire pesos.

That's for taking out cash in a suitcase. Not for wires. There is no limit if you wire the funds.

Wisconsin said:
You do know that Pesos's are even less harder to change outside of Argentina?, and you will lose even more on the rate if you can find some one to take them than if you were to exchange them on the "Blue" market here, which had a rate of 5.90 if you were buying US dollars today.

Also I had heard from someone that there was a new sign in the airport as you go through security stating that any amount over us$10,000 you were leaving with not only had to be declared, but in had to leave in Peso's!!

I will take $9,900 for you on Sunday night for 5%, and I will pay for the airline ticket, as I am already flying to LAX that night, and can deposit it any bank in LA on my arrival:)

Back