Tax Refund - Aeroparque

trennod

Registered
Unfortunately my grandfather is really ill so tomorrow I am flying back to Australia. My flight goes via Santiago and therefore is (thankfully) flying out of Aeroparque. Anyone have any experience with the Tax-Free there, I am interested to know - location? delays etc? any other interesting surprises (not surprised if there are any..) B)

Thanks!!

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather, I hope he gets better.

Global Blue Tax Refund at Aeroparque

AFIP

Quote from "Welcometobuenosaires.com" Prolly outdated:

TAX- FREE SHOPPING
Up to 16 % refund on national products with purchases of more than $ 70. –
• AT THE STORE: Purchase at any store that exhibits the • TAX FREE SHOPPING logo and request the Global Refund Cheque. • THROUGH CUSTOMS: When leaving the country, you just need to show your purchases, receipts and passport to customs officials and have your Global Refund Cheque export validated. • REFUNDING

It can be made in three different ways: Collect your refund in cash at our nearby cash refund office, through your credit card or send the cheque to Global Refund for a bank cheque sent to your home address. • Cash refund places: Ezeiza Terminal - International A and B. Domestic Airport J. Newbery. Buenos Aires Port North Dock (Buquebus) Bs. As Cruises Terminal (during season) Airports of Mendoza – Cordoba - Bariloche and Mar del Plata. International Bridge in Iguazú.

Beware the devil in the details....they say you need to show the actual goods you purchased. This is the problem because most people will have packed them in their suitcases and will have checked their bags (with the goods inside) before going to Tax Free....the layout makes it highly inconvenient to do otherwise...so IF they want to they can ask you to show what you bought which if you've checked your bags will be impossible.....I personally have not had this happen to me, BUT I have seen a group of Asian tourists madly searching through open suitcases laid out all over the place! If you can, best to have the stuff in a carry on just in case. And the refund came within 30 days as a credit (albeit at the official rate) on my credit card.

I have never had to show the goods at EZEIZA , when I claimed the refund last year. The refund came in about three weeks to my c/c.

All good, it's a few pieces of clothing and shoes of which I will either be wearing or have in hand luggage. Thanks for the advice!

I didn't have to show my goods in EZE either. I haven't been used the Jorge Newberry service.

Back