Taxi fares to raise 26%

El Duderino

Registered
Saw on the news this morning that starting next Tuesday, fares are raising 26%. Base fare will go from $5.80 to $7.30 and I assume waiting and distance will go from $0.58 to $0.73.

They also mentioned that fares have increased over 500% since 2005. Can anyone confirm that?

I can. I've been here since 2005. They have raised the rates at least 2x a year since then. Cabs used to be ridiculously cheap -- 5 pesos would get you anywhere you wanted to go in the city and I think it was about 20pesos to Tigre from Capital! The base fare was .70 centavos when I got here....

I can also confirm that. They actually went up a few months ago and they introduced a higher fare for taxi rides past 10pm.
Just another example of out of control price increases here. My local deli just increased some of their prices by 50% from one day to the next. When I asked why, he justified it by saying that taxis are going up (what this has to do with a deli, I don't know) as are bakeries...

I've only been here for 6 months, but most things I spend my money on have gone up at least 20%. Craziness.

Comenzó la cuenta regresiva para otro de los aumentos que, en las próximas semanas, impactará en el bolsillo de los porteños, a la par del alza producida en los servicios públicos hogareños por la quita de subsidios del gobierno nacional.

Desde el martes 29 de este mes, subirá 26 por ciento la tarifa de los taxis. Así lo confirmaron ayer a LA NACION voceros de la Subsecretaría de Transporte de la ciudad de Buenos Aires, y recordaron que la ficha pasará de costar $ 0,58 a 0,73. La bajada de bandera, en tanto, se incrementará de $ 5,80 a 7,30. Estos aumentos en los valores regirán entre las 6 y las 22.

En cuanto a los viajes que sean realizados entre las 22 y las 6, el precio de la bajada de bandera trepará a $ 8,70 y aumentará $ 0,87 cada 200 metros, pues la ficha actual de la tarifa nocturna cuesta $ 0,69, y también crecerá un 26 por ciento.

El nuevo ajuste representa el décimo aplicado desde 2003, cuando el valor de la ficha era de $ 0,14. Desde entonces, se acumuló una variación de +421% en el precio de los taxis; lo que se eleva a +521% si se considera la introducción de la tarifa nocturna en febrero de este año.

En el mismo período, la inflación, según el Indec, fue del ciento por ciento.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1424896-aumento-de-taxis-desde-el-martes

The pasta I buy at disco has gone from 12 to 17 pesos since september!!

also i went to a laundromat today and ONE LOAD was 40 pesos... WTF... never using a laundromat again. that's nearly $10 USD!

I know I am gonna get clobbered for this, but Buenos Aires is just catching up to the rest of the world in terms of prices. It's a big, expensive city just like every other capital, and while it's poorly organized and dirty in a lot of places, there are services here just like every other city, and those all have to be paid for by the taxpayers. In terms of taxis, do you guys see what gasoline costs here? It's about 6 pesos per liter, ($1.75 u$d).......and an oil change costs $200 pesos. $40 u$d. How can the taxi prices be low if they have those basic costs plus all the other things, tires, wear and tear, auto service, insurance, employees, etc to pay? Not playing the devils advocate but just seeing the reality of things.......

LaurenW said:
The pasta I buy at disco has gone from 12 to 17 pesos since september!!

also i went to a laundromat today and ONE LOAD was 40 pesos... WTF... never using a laundromat again. that's nearly $10 USD!

Oh dear. In San Telmo I've seen prices ranging from 14 to 22 pesos per bag, but I have never seen anything near 40. Where I am in Palermo, currently, one bag is still 16. Do you think maybe they separated your clothes into two loads without asking? I always wash my colors with whites because most of my clothes are old, and so I have to tell them that it´s okay to wash everything together. Otherwise they try to separate it and charge me for two loads...

I feel like telling all the lavanderías that if they would stop buying that horrendous perfume they spray on clothes to make them smell clean, maybe they could slow down with the price hikes...

Back