Taxi Or Remis From Ba To Escobar

CiscoR

Registered
I am looking for good reliable tranport from BA (Recoleta) to Escobar this coming Saturday. I know there are colectivos, but traveling with two kids that would get a bit too cranky on a long ride, so was looking for something direct. Looked online to find a couple and got estimates around $900 pesos+ for transport there in the morning and return in the afternoon. Not sure if that is reasonable for the distance and time we will be there or not. Any recommendations on reliable tranports/remis/taxis?

I use a friend. The people who I've referred him to have loved him. but he doesn't speak English. PM me if you want his contact info. He is part owner of the Remise agency that is part of Buquebus so he can arrange for someone if he can't do it himself. He would tell you how much if you send him an email.

I usually find my remises on mercadolibre fwiw.

I'd look for a remis agency based in Escobar it will probably be cheaper.

Also the express buses are not bad, fairly quick and with air conditioning.

Look for charters. These days they are tons of companies that work and take you everywhere.

900 pesos seems correct, that is what I got quoted a week ago for Pilar.
So we chose to rent a van instead.

wherever you re going, probably a country club or barrio cerrado, it must be a van transport. There are plenty of vans that go to these places. Its just that you have to know the phone number or the name and reserve a place. Public bus is cheaper, but does not leave you at the door. Remises or taxis are VERY expensive. The intermediate would be the vans.

There are decent express busses (do NOT take a regular collectivo).

There are also vans that stop at all the countries. Where are you going in Escobar?

$900 for r/t sounds high. If you want the remise, you're better off taking it one way from Cap-Escobar and then getting one in Escobar to return you back to Capital. Probably would be around $300 each way

900 pesos seems correct, that is what I got quoted a week ago for Pilar.
So we chose to rent a van instead.

900 pesos for Pilar?!

I'll ask my usual remiseria if you wish https://www.facebook...224990124224970
but last year I was paying like 280 pesos for them to come pick me up in Capital to take me to Del Viso (15 kms from Pilar) -> they have brand new cars, etc.
I guess they'd charge like 450/500 pesos max now to go to Pilar (at night).

EDIT: if that's a round trip, indeed that would be the price.

Back