Telecentro issues. Internet

Jvanka

Registered
Hi,

Is anyone having trouble using telecentro. I have tv,internet and phone. They provided me a Motorola SBV5120 Surfboard cable modem box. I have a netgear wireless router attached to it. The modem and the netgear gets disconnected extremely often, and I have to turn off-on both boxes in order to get connection again. is this something anyone had experienced and if so how it was fixed? I called telecentro, they came home many times but is a bunch of blah blah blah and the problem never gets fixed.
Supposedly I have 5 meg. download (good luck with that too)

Thanks

J.

no problems with telecentro at all.
i have a belkin router off the same surfboard modem.

i used to have problems but it was my old router being overloaded with connections (bit torrent etc) and needing rebooted.

currently on their 3meg deal and getting the full 3 megs.

I will need to keep figuring what settings are not working. Got into the modem set up but it doesn't have many options. Will keep trying with telecentro support. Thanks

I do have one gripe with them now... it may not be their fault though.
The universal channel sometimes has a terrible frame-rate making it unwatchable.
This has happened since they decided to ditch their wee logo for some huge monstrosity that takes up a quarter of the damned screen!

Oh and a final gripe they got rid of bbc news and replaced it with that Venezuelan telesur crap on the standard package.

I have TeleContro's 3 meg package also. In general it's very good but it does go down for a couple of hours every now and again. Usually I need to reset the router I have connected to their modem, Switching on and off isn't enough. Then I have to make the wireless secure again. Also the BBC pic is frozen, but the sound is ok.

G

Funny you should mention that, last week my Netgear wireless router stopped working, i figured it was a problem with it, but now that you mention your situation i will start looking into Telecentro. Thanks for the post !

Finally after having 3 techs coming home, someone admitted they have a problem in their side. It is not the modem nor the router is their network. The guy mentioned that there is some loss of power in the lines, and that is why I get it on and off very often. Like the TV signal is ok, but phone and internet is not. Hopefully they will fix it sometime soon (i guess soon, has another meaning for telecentro lol)

Back