Temporary Residency application using the Radex website

How do I show proof of where I live? The apartment lease is in my wife's name.
I assume you are planning to get the Certificado de Domicilio. My experience of getting the Certificado de Domicilio came through the government's online application method followed by an interview. By this method you are just asked to state your address without proof of lease or a bill. Once you receive your C de Domicilio that becomes a proof of residence. A friend, and others on this board, have gone to the local police station and received in very short time and with less complications a C de Domicilio. Look here for more information: https://baexpats.org/threads/certificate-of-domicile.41078/page-3#post-367789

Thanks, but on the Radex website it tells me to upload a photo of my Certificado de Domicilio. So I assume I have to go and get one first before I complete the online application?

Sorry, one other question. It is asking me to attach an Argentinian criminal background record:

Si Usted es MAYOR DE EDAD adjunte aquí la documentación del Apostillado o Legalización ante el Consulado Argentino correspondiente de su Antecedente Penal.

Where do I get one?

Thanks, but on the Radex website it tells me to upload a photo of my Certificado de Domicilio. So I assume I have to go and get one first before I complete the online application?
#1 There is a separate government website for applying only for the Certificado de Domicilio. Don''t confuse it with the Radex website. Here's a list I made for a friend of the documents you want to have completed before you start the Radex application. If you have these docs perfected beforehand it will speed the completion of your Radex application. If you don't have them prepared in advance you'll find yourself repeatedly delayed and bouncing around town to get them perfected.
**Get all your documents done in advance, ready to upload, and upload your docs in one pass. Radex does allow you to upload some, close and come back later to add more but having these docs in advance ready to upload will save you lots of time and frustration. Radex seems to prefer jpeg files, although it allows pdf files for some docs. Also you can use your cell phone to take a picture of your documents for upload.
Here's a list of the docs:
#1 last entry in Argentina stamped in passport page - Take a picture of the page with your cell phone camera
#2 criminal report from the country you've been residing in + a translated to Spanish, legalized copy
#3 the apostille of that criminal report from the Argentine embassy in the country you've been residing
#4 profile picture (head shot with a 1/4 turn) - Take a picture of yourself with your cell phone camera
#5 photocopy of the main passport page (not all pages, just the 2 principle information pages in the front) - Take a picture of the page with your cell phone camera
#6 certificado de domicilio - scanned copy or take a picture with your cell phone camera
#7 proof of income - **Specific to your basis of application (mine was Pensioner), this upload page appears near the end of the process. You can request from the U.S. Embassy, (assuming you are on a US passport) a Letter of Pension benefit in Spanish. +This letter must be Legalized at Esmeralda 1212/1214. Scan and upload the 2 pages (letter plus legalization doc)

Thanks. The list of required documents is shorter for me (I'm applying for residency via birth of my child).

It asks for two different criminal reports. One from my country of origin and one from Argentina.

I think I figured out the Certificado de Domicilio!

How did you get the info on the pic needing to be a 1/4 turn? On the radex website it just says "Adjunte aquí la foto del rostro (JPG)"

Sorry, one other question. It is asking me to attach an Argentinian criminal background record:
Si Usted es MAYOR DE EDAD adjunte aquí la documentación del Apostillado o Legalización ante el Consulado Argentino correspondiente de su Antecedente Penal.
Where do I get one?
I believe they are referring to the Criminal report from the country you resided in before coming to Argentina. There are 2 steps to acquire and apostille this report. #1 Obtain a legalized Criminal report from the country of last residence. #2 Take that report to the Argentina embassy in that country for Apostille (done by the Argentina Embassy). Further, you will need to have the Criminal report translated to Spanish - this can be done here at Buenos Aires. When you have all those pieces (3) you can then upload them together to the Radex application.

What does the apostille by the Argentina Embassy look like? The apostille I have is from the United States Department of State. Will that not suffice?

Thanks. The list of required documents is shorter for me (I'm applying for residency via birth of my child).
It asks for two different criminal reports. One from my country of origin and one from Argentina.
I think I figured out the Certificado de Domicilio!
How did you get the info on the pic needing to be a 1/4 turn? On the radex website it just says "Adjunte aquí la foto del rostro (JPG)"
All good then with your docs it seems. For the picture, and this is one of the shortcomings of these Argentina websites - they don't give you well detailed instructions. I found about the 1/4 turn face photo in a follow up e-mail from the people that monitor what you've uploaded to Radex. If they want something else or something different they will send you an e-mail with instructions to change or add something.

What does the apostille by the Argentina Embassy look like? The apostille I have is from the United States Department of State. Will that not suffice?
This is what they are telling you: "adjunte aquí la documentación del Apostillado o Legalización ante el Consulado Argentino correspondiente de su Antecedente Penal." They want your Criminal Report apostilled and legalized by the Argentina Consulate corresponding to where your Criminal Report came from - i.e. the Argentina Consulate in the USA. I would add that although they don't tell you now, they want the US Criminal report to be translated and legalized in Spanish - the translation you can have done here in Buenos Aires. So altogether that's 3 documents: US Criminal Report, Apostille of that US Criminal report by the Argentina Embassy, the translation and legalization stamp of the US Criminal report.

Ahh ok got it. In terms of translation, what kind of certification/accreditation does the translator need to have?

Back