Temporary Residency application using the Radex website

Any idea on how long it takes to get the precaria after your turno in bldg 6?
I handed in my documents and the woman working there said I can access my precaria online the following day. The status online still says "estado según ____: en tramite".
I think it was two days for us.

A further update on chasing the DNI, after 60 days or so. Jujuy office, no DNI or DNI number but gave a Negative Number and a Tramites Number - useless as far as I can tell. Called RENAPER 14 calls, 14 robot messages, 14 hangups after ringing a few times. Renaper office on Bullrich/Libertador - they only deal with existing DNIs. No help. Immigraciones Bldg 6, - not their job, no help. Hipolito Urygan office in Microcenter. A lot of people. Easy to get a turno number, then wait and talk to an agent. Agent checked, nothing, everything very backed up. come back in 30 days if you don't receive DNI at home. End of chasing down all possibilities. SNAFU
Hi Artisans,

what happened in the end for your DNI? did you recevied by mail or you picked it up from the office? thanks

Hi Artisans,
what happened in the end for your DNI? did you recevied by mail or you picked it up from the office? thanks
Must be in another thread, I recounted the heart touching finale to this story. It turned out that Negative Number and a Tramites Number had significance - once they mailed the DNI to my address the Tramites number was the Correo Argentina tracking number, which if you checked at just the right time online, you could see their alleged delivery attempt and then the notice next day that it was being returned to the manufacturer of DNI cards. I caught this bit of information, went back to Jujuy for 'guidance' where they told me, come back in 15 days. I came back, and the card was there. I was shuttled to another room where they handed it over and I signed off on receiving it. Case closed.

Here are my advices and observations for success in the Radex app.
A: Choose to use Google Chrome browser. Turn off Ad Blocker extensions. I started out using Safari and had some problems signing into the website once i'd gotten a username and password. At the end of the application, again using Safari, could not progress correctly and might of voided my application. Use Google Chrome, it works.
B: Get all your documents done, ready to upload, and upload your docs in one pass. Radex does allow you to upload some, close and come back later to add more but have these docs ready to upload. Radex seems to prefer jpeg files, although it allows pdf files for some docs. Also you can use your cell phone to take a picture of your documents for upload. Here's a list of the docs:
#1 last entry in Argentina stamped in passport page
#2 criminal report from the country you've been residing in
#3 the apostille of that criminal report from the Argentine embassy in the country you've been residing
#4 profile picture (head shot with a 1/4 turn)
#5 photocopy of the main passport page (not all pages, just the principle information page), #6 certificado de domicilio
**Specific to your basis of application (mine was Pensioner), this upload page appears near the end of the process.
#7 proof of income

Paying your bill
C-1: There is a payment section. Fee based on your status, Mercosur or outside Mercosur. There are two processing time options. If you choose standard processing time (can take up to 90 days) you'll pay the base fee and immediately receive a receipt attached to an e-mail. You will then receive an e-mail with 2 additional "boletos" / invoices attached. These must be printed out and paid as follows: Invoice 1 - lots of printing on the invoice for 185 pesos (this pays for your Argentina Criminal report that Immigrations does on your behalf) - take the invoice to a Correos and pay it there. (no Rapi-pago or bank will take it) Invoice 2 - 300 pesos - has something to do with DNI - very little detail on the invoice and no indication where to pay. (no Rapi-pago, no Correas, no Banco Nacional or Banco Ciudad or other bank would accept it or knew what to do with it) Now I'm being told Banco Provincia will accept it and allow you to pay. (to be updated)
C-2: It's in your best interest to pay these invoices asap and then send them an e-mail with your basic identify and attached copies of each of the 3 paid invoices. (your payment of application fee, the Argentina criminal report invoice and the DNI related invoice.
C-3:During the payment process you will be offered the opportunity for accelerated handling (express) of your application for 10,000 pesos. They give no time frame, only vague ASAP time frame. Cautions: 1 - This is a one time offer! If you don't choose it when offered it never appears again and I've been told you cannot ask to add it later. 2 - If you do choose the accelerated service, Immigrations will not do the Argentina criminal report, you'll have to get it done yourself and bring it to you appointment. The appointment that comes after you complete your Radex application.

D: Avoid clicking the Finalizir button until you've completed all the work inside. You do to want to click Finish until all work is done. The website doesn't give you good navigation on closing the application before you've completed all the work. But you can close it and come back to work on it further. Several times I just closed the browser to end the session. Caused no problems.

Those are the wrinkles I experienced in Radex.
#3 the apostille of that criminal report from the Argentine embassy in the country you've been residing

I thought you needed a criminal record report from the Country of Birth, not just the Country you have been living in? Is that your understanding?

Must be in another thread, I recounted the heart touching finale to this story. It turned out that Negative Number and a Tramites Number had significance - once they mailed the DNI to my address the Tramites number was the Correo Argentina tracking number, which if you checked at just the right time online, you could see their alleged delivery attempt and then the notice next day that it was being returned to the manufacturer of DNI cards. I caught this bit of information, went back to Jujuy for 'guidance' where they told me, come back in 15 days. I came back, and the card was there. I was shuttled to another room where they handed it over and I signed off on receiving it. Case closed.
That's a great ending. Thanks for the full update.

I thought you needed a criminal record report from the Country of Birth, not just the Country you have been living in? Is that your understanding?
What about the birth certificate: Does it need to be from the country of birth or the country of current nationality. I was born in a foreign country but I'm not a citizen and didn't live their

What about the birth certificate: Does it need to be from the country of birth or the country of current nationality. I was born in a foreign country but I'm not a citizen and didn't live their
As far as we can tell there is no Birth Certificate requirement in this application. It was dropped as a requirement some time ago.

Back