Ten foods that Argentines hate

Lucas

Registered
Ten foods that Argentines hate

Then, a ranking of the most hated food, which are repugnant to its ingredients, how they are cooked or so after eating produce

0366856B.jpg

Source
Original Source

It's not about ourselves too fine, because in the end it is always true that "when there is hunger there is no bread." However, there are some dishes that are always on the menu daily from Argentina and, for some reason, seem odious: they poison our breath, we like heavy or simply unnerve us because.

1. Tripe
Those who hate the tripe usually an argument to justify this kind of gross, "is like having a blanket or a gum boiled like a tummy." Tremendous stick to this dish is often served stewed with potatoes, rice, peas and beans. What is tripe? Are parts of the cow's stomach open flames and set. That's the technical explanation. For those who hate it, is as ugly as swallowing a hot towel.

2. Liver
Some are salivating at the thought of a Venetian-livers, or onions. But most Argentines gives this dish an almost visceral disgust (just) and preys mercilessly with its silky texture. For more iron you have and more doctors to recommend their intake, the Argentine people will say a resounding NO to this food.

3. Cauliflower and Brussels sprouts
If there is a "God of Gas", it could invoke eating cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, two vegetables that should never be placed on a romantic dinner. Yet here we tell you a tip for the cauliflower does not bring negative side effects, must be put in cold water, bring to a boil and then add cold water again. That's the recipe, but do not put your hands in the fire.

4. Roquefort cheese
Blue cheese seeks to imitate the real Roquefort (which only made in France) is one of the most hated food for our countrymen. His enemies do not go around with half measures and ensure that it is so fragrant that becomes "untouchable" who swallow. The more intransigent, refusing to even sit at a table that is present this cheese. Ensure that the smell stinks and ruins the evening.

5. Black pudding
Here the waters are divided, as in any barbecue, "the black" is so loved and hated. When tested, they say eat more, feel clotted blood sausage and crushed. And they have every reason in the world, because the sausage is neither more nor less than that, sweet or salty. In Uruguay it is stuffed with raisins, peanuts, nuts and bits of orange. But the "anti-morcilleros" of soul is not seduced by ornaments and scorn alike.

6. Polenta
Do you remember fondly, as the dish of food for children or "battle" during adolescence. Others rediscovered in recent years, when she had her chic revival in still lifes. But a large majority, just say no to anything like (what to expect from cornmeal?), Which is bland and has less Ricardo Montaner wave their white tennis shoes.

7. Chinchulines and kidneys
"Largan a horrible pastries when the press", accusing critics of chitterlings (technically, the small intestine of the cow). "Sometimes they like to pee" target those who curse the kidney. These two achuras enjoyed little fame in the roasted flavors of invasive and clearly reminiscent of the human gut. But beyond the criticism, never cease to be sold in butcher shops and remain strong in the menus of restaurants, grills and other gourmet versions (like the classic and the greening riñoncitos).

8. Sushi
To be male and Coco Silly, and joined the troupe of Neanderthals forties Alejandro Fantino, you must be a declared enemy of sushi. This vintage Japanese food dislikes everywhere, with a pair of macho and recurring arguments. "It is mine", or "to fill as I have to swallow 50 pieces: for that ballast me a good steak chorizo, preach some of the opponents of raw fish fanatics.

9. Gnocchi
Hard to believe that the gnocchi could generate such a bad mood. Will remind public servants of the municipality or a bit depressed because they eat as a family, all 29, and they always mess gun on the table. Now we come to find out that that was a lie that everyone likes the classic potato gnocchi. They seem to have fewer friends than Lilita Carrio.

10. Fish in general
The final surprise is that the fish, prepared in every way possible, is also on the list of most hated foods. Maybe it's the addiction to red meat which generates the rejection of white meat. The truth is that here nobody cares that these marine creatures are high in Omega-3 fatty acids or the Eskimos, who spend their lives fillet steak, live a thousand years. At the end of the day, who wants to be Eskimo?

Brought some small pots of Marmite back for my Argentine friend last year and most of them gave it back to me!

jez-albums-bariloche-picture395-marmite.jpg

jez said:
Brought some small pots of Marmite back for my Argentine friend last year and most of them gave it back to me!
I would say that the same could be said about over 7 billion people.

jez said:
My God that's what I call ungrateful people, how can they be so rude and insensible to the taste of such delicacy..unforgivable.

chiiiiipaaaaa..they also hate the sound in the street, so do I ;o)

Lucas said:
My God that's what I call ungrateful people, how can they be so rude and insensible to the taste of such delicacy..unforgivable.

It was sort of my plan, I love the stuff and as an added bonus my friends are never going to ask me to bring something back next time I'm in the UK...

I'm not sure I understand this post. 80% of the pics above are foods that can be found here and fairly commonly in restaurants? There are tons of (bad) sushi options here. Blue cheese? Sushi? Polenta? Gnocchi? Is the issue that there is sauce on the latter two? Where are the pics of chili peppers? Wasabi is even missing from the sushi pic.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I think sushi is popular here because although I like Japanese food a lot it is kind of bland, which suits the Argentine diet.

I was wondering the same thing and have come to conclusion that these are love 'em or hate 'em foods. No in between.

I too fail to see the purpose of this thread. These foods can easily be bought in BA. I can't see that any of them are disliked. Porteños don't care much for fish but they generally eat some. It's true that Porteños have a limited, bland diet and don't care to experiment but they generally eat everything that appears in the photo.

Back