Ten Year Resident Offering Advice For Cooperation

I'm sure you really don't give a rat's ass for a handful of Anarchists who made "down payments" toward the purchase of lots in Chile before the promoter (who usurped a phrase from a novel by Ayn Rand and used it as a name for his real estate project) had approval for the master plan that would allow the sale of smaller lots than present zoning allows. The developer still owns the land and is working towards an equitable solution, which, of course, is in everyone's interest.

For a real scam, in fact the greatest insurance scam in history, please read this: http://www.truth-out...scam-in-history

Wow, we have some really negative attitudes here! I guess that Porteno mind set can be contagious!

1. I am obviously paying for the shipping of my container of stuff and will pay again to have someone help me get around the bureaucratic roadblocks that are a way of life here.

2. Fedex wants $250 dollars to ship my little box of teas and spices and olives from Catamarca from BsAs to the Land of the Free. Probably because they too have to deal with bureaucratic roadblocks that only serve to increase the cost of doing business here.

3. The 10 pesos is the actual cost of getting the certificado de domicilio at a police station, another bureaucratic nicety they are constantly asking for here without any rhyme or reason and yes, the
immigration lawyer in question sent an email asking for US$2000 to get a certificado de domicilio for his client...

4. As for condescension, helping people realize sooner rather then later that lawyers here do not equate to lawyers back home, is a public service.

4. As for condescension, helping people realize sooner rather then later that lawyers here do not equate to lawyers back home, is a public service.

Bullshit. I can name off the top of my head 5 excellent lawyers here. You have been here 10 years and you can't figure out how to find a good lawyer? Go sell your snake oil somewhere else.

I'm sure you really don't give a rat's ass for a handful of Anarchists who made "down payments" toward the purchase of lots in Chile before the promoter had approval for the master plan that would allow the sale of smaller lots than present zoning allows. The developer still owns the land and is working towards an equitable solution, which, of course, is in everyone's interest.

For a real scam, in fact the greatest insurance scam in history, please read this: http://www.truth-out...scam-in-history

I suppose it's all you can handle to manage the Argentine branch of the franchise.

Wow, we have some really negative attitudes here! I guess that Porteno mind set can be contagious!

1. I am obviously paying for the shipping of my container of stuff and will pay again to have someone help me get around the bureaucratic roadblocks that are a way of life here.

If it works they way I think it does, whoever puts their name on the shipment of your stuff will be responsible for the import duties that will have to be paid (or bond that will be forfeited) when they leave Argentina and your stuff stays. You are willing to pay he freight but you are obviously trying NOT to pay the import duties. You would not have mentioned that the window to bring your stuff in duty free closed long ago if that wasn't the case.

I imagine it's possible for a temporary resident to sell everything and just get on a plane and leave without letting the Aduana know. In that case you would have your stuff and they would not have a problem. If, however, they wanted to take their stuff out of Argentina,I wonder how closely the Aduana would compare the original inventory to what they are taking home and what they would have to say abut the obvious discrepancy.

As far as the Porte[size="-1"]ñ[/size]o mindset being contagious, since you are a newbie here you could not have known how often a newbie here makes a post that is immediately seen as some kind of ploy. Posts like that usually appear in the jobs section. You tried to portray yourself as an expert on immigration looking for someone to help you avoid paying taxes that you would be required to pay if you used your own name to ship your stuff to Argentina in exchange for helping them get their residency.

To a wannabe expat that might appear to be a win-win situation, To those who have been here a while it just doesn't look like one.

I suppose it's all you can handle to manage the Argentine branch of the franchise.

Actually, I am no longer interested in subdividing or selling a portion of my property. My neighbor (our properties actually touch at one point) wants to sell the two hectares he owns. He has separate papers for each hectare and the net price is about $4.25 per mtr2. ($85K USD) One lot has a nice house that is immediately inhabitable and there is also a garage and a quincho.

So, it was simply unworkable. Why am I not surprised?

The reason you are not surprised is because you are presumptuous.

Dividing the property was not a problem. In fact, it was already divided into two lots when I bought it.

If I sold the lot next to my house it would be completely out of my control forever and (thanks to Pauper for creating this horrifying image) someone like you could end up as my next door neighbor.

That would be much worse than unworkable.

I'm keeping the property for my heirs and enjoying the peace and quiet while I'm here.

Back