Ten Year Resident Offering Advice For Cooperation

So, it was simply unworkable. Why am I not surprised?

You are not surprised because you are presumptuous.

Dividing the property was not a problem. It had been divided into two lots before I bought it and there is water and electricity to the lot.

I moved here to enjoy the peace and quiet (as well as grow my own food) and my closest neighbors are just far enough away that their music and dogs do not bother me

Converting the galpon behind my house into an estancia style guest house will provide an ideal place for my guests and no one I invite to stay there will ever generate an annoying level of noise.

If I sell the lot next to my house I would lose control of it forever and someone like you could end up being my neighbor.

That would be annoying as hell and certainly not worth the proceeds of the sale.

I'm keeping the land I have and leaving it to my heirs.

PS: If I sell my property before I expire it will be an "all or nothing at all" sale.

And if I make enough money from the sale of my novel and/or screenplay I will build this on the lot next to my house:

INF_Corb-V-Sav-Nfac_6.jpg

And when viewed from this angle, it will look almost exactly as it does in the photo (with trees beside and behind it).

Fortunately, it will have a beautiful view from inside the house as well, looking out over an open field...instead a view which is blocked by a giant school that was built in front of Le Corbusier's original masterpiece, several decades after it's construction in 1929.

Why can't I ever keep my story straight?

The irony deficiency grows more acute by the day... http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/many-in-nation-tired-of-explaining-things-to-idiots?intcid=mod-most-popular

As the article suggests, it's hardly worth explaining to somebody who doesn't understand it.

The article, which contains an abundance of pseudo-intellectual superiority, condescension and name-calling refers to "millions (who) have been vexed for some time by their failure to explain incredibly basic information to dolts who have become "tired of explaining things to idiots" (and) are heavily outnumber by the people who simply don't believe them.

Of the many obvious things that people are sick and tired of trying to get through the skulls of stupid people, the fact that climate change will cause catastrophic habitat destruction and devastating extinctions tops the list, with a majority saying that they will no longer bother trying to explain this to cretins."

http://www.newyorker...od-most-popular

Who would have the slightest desire to listen to an explanation of anything by someone who expresses himself like this?

Few people deny or even doubt the fact that climate changes. There is evidence of multiple ice ages can be found in Central Park in NYC. Most people don't believe that humans could either cause or prevent an ice age. More of them than ever do not believe that humans are responsible for global warming which, based on satellite data which measures atmospheric temperatures as opposed to surface temperatures, has not occurred during the past 18 years:

http://www.cnsnews.c...g-past-18-years

"That the American public has not bought into the man-caused global warming theory can also be seen from the fact that BHO, in a State of the Union Address, mentioned "the overwhelming evidence on climate change", but then hastened to add "even if you doubt the evidence": hardly overwhelming then."

http://www.human-hea...ge-skeptics.php

"That the American public has not bought into the man-caused global warming theory can also be seen from the fact that BHO, in a State of the Union Address, mentioned "the overwhelming evidence on climate change", but then hastened to add "even if you doubt the evidence": hardly overwhelming then."

It's encouraging that you recognize yourself in Borowitz's piece, but discouraging that you fail to understand satire (not to mention irony). It's even more discouraging that you dismiss the consensus on settled science (which differs only in a few minor details).

Anyone with a DNI who has been "living" in Argentina for two years can apply for citizenship on their own. They may even be able to start the process a year after setting foot on Argentine soil for the first time. Some courts might still "require" permanent residency but I believe that law was abolished almost 20 years ago. Those who have no DNI may indeed need the help of an attorney.There are at least two who have been recommended (based on their success) here in the forum: Gabriel Celano and Christian Rubilar.

I've been wondering about this for months. (Maybe should start it as its own thread). If you have no DNI...I think someone like Rubilar definitely or perhaps Celano would be key to obtain citizenship.

So the big question. Can someone get a Temporary DNI and then run straight to the juzgado/court? What is the date of entry on the DNI? The court used my original entry to Argentina when I was a tourist (my wife's too)...not the date on our Permanent DNIs as our date of entry. So the clock started ticking theoretically long before we were residents (I saw it on the legal papers). The DNI allowed me to get legal work...as Monotributista. That seemed to be the most important thing...an honest living. Our permanent status allowed us the chance to register and pay into the tax system. I never provided my legal work papers again after that first time to turn in my papers. I only showed my DNI again when the representative from the Federal Police stopped by my house to see how we lived...about 5-6 months into the process.

So again...can someone with Temporary status even in their first year do the trámite on their own in the same way I did as a permanent resident? If they meet the 2 year issue. I don't see anything that would preclude them from doing it.

From the residency issues I have seen. It seems that many can renew once or twice, but might struggle to get to the final renewal. This could allow them to work around it. As I see it...all of these requirements are easy...much is done by the court...some by the petitioner. And it's free...except for copies and the edict in the newspaper. (Unless one's court request an FBI or international background check...mine did not).

Requirements:

El interesado en adquirir la Ciudadanía Argentina debe contar con la
radicación definitiva, ser mayor de l8 años de edad y contar con 2 años
de residencia inmediata y continua en el país, a tal fin traer:

1) Partida de nacimiento original, legalizada por el Consulado
Argentino en el país de origen y fotocopia. Para el caso de
personas de países no limítrofes, deberán presentar traducción de
partida y fotocopia de pasaporte.-
2) Un Juego de fotocopias del documento de identidad argentino
(Cédula o D.N.I.)
3) Certificado de antecedentes y domicilio (se consigue en la policia
de su localidad- validez 90 días)
4) Certificado de radicación (Migraciones)
5) Justificar Medios de Vida (ver apartado a la vuelta)
6) Dos téstigos mayores de edad , que no sean familiares, sin
antecedentes, pueden ser argentinos o naturalizados, a tal fin traer:
Nombre y apellido.-
Domicilio.-
Número y tipo de documento.-
7) Cúmplase con la Ley Nacional 24.533 (Publicación de Edictos en
un Diario de orden regional)costo aprox. $ 145.-

A quick and dirty translate from Google.

Wishing to obtain citizenship Argentina should have the
permanent residents, be over l8 years of age and have 2 years
Immediate and continuous residence in the country for this purpose bring:

1) Original birth certificate, legalized by the Consulate
Argentine in the country of origin and photocopy. In the case of
people from non-neighboring countries, must submit translation
starting and photocopy of pasaporte.-
2) A set of photocopies of Argentine identity
(Certificate or DNI)
3) Certificate background and address (is achieved in the police
locality- validity of his 90-day)
4) Certificate of filing. Immigration.
5) Justify Livelihoods (see section around)
6) Two witnesses elderly, who are not familiar, without
background, may be Argentine or naturalized, accordingly bring:
Name and surname.-
Address.-
Number and type of documento.-
7) Be it done with the National Law 24,533 (Publication of edicts on
A daily regional order) cost approx. $ 145.-

Back