Terrorists Found In Argentina!

People that make money here (talking of big money) do not re invest it here, they take it away, they do not trust this country whether it has a friendly government or not. Its like schizofreniac, not trusting the place that gives you the money!! Brazil for example has an upper class that believe in their country, the big important Brazil economy we have today is a result of the creation of Brazils bourgeois since 1964. The same happened with Chile, all military governments with that task, but in Argentina that went wrong.

Why is that, Matias?

Why is that, Matias?

There are lots of reasons. There is indeed a dialectics relationship: they dont invest here because they consider the country not serious or strong or reliable, and that no-investing makes the country less strong or reliable or dependant on other stuff. My point is that they MAKE thier money here, the source of their fortune is argentinian market, so they should return it as an investment instead of placing it in Switzerland or abroad in other onvestments.

There are lots of reasons. There is indeed a dialectics relationship: they dont invest here because they consider the country not serious or strong or reliable, and that no-investing makes the country less strong or reliable or dependant on other stuff. My point is that they MAKE thier money here, the source of their fortune is argentinian market, so they should return it as an investment instead of placing it in Switzerland or abroad in other onvestments.

On this you and I agree 100%. I knew if we worked long enough we'd find some middle ground. :)

From my perspective there are many Argentines who do not support Argentina, not just the rich. Many people that I speak with do not trust "the government." That's not only this government, but any government. Many Argentines are 100% sure that the government steals their money, that the government lies to them, and the government tells them to save in Pesos but they save Dollars for themselves. They are sure that the government is looking out only for the government. I think that is why so many Argentines look out only for themselves. If the government is setting the bad example people tend to follow.

What do you think?

Many Argentines are 100% sure that the government steals their money, that the government lies to them, and the government tells them to save in Pesos but they save Dollars for themselves. They are sure that the government is looking out only for the government.

Very observant people, the Argentines, because this is in fact true.

Unpatriotic for the super rich Argentines to not invest in their home country? Have I got this correct?
Hmm: Eskenazi Family lost it all.
http://www.newsmax.com/InvestingAnalysis/Billionaire-Eskenazi-default-YPF/2012/04/18/id/436263/

Like this?

I am sooooooooo going to "acquire" this!

The women in Mexican Soap Operas son las mejores mujeras en el mundo! (Perdoname Argentina... y Colombia)

SOMETHING I NOTICED:

1) CFK quickly has identified the terrorists committing these crimes, but...

2) Just last month we marked the 20th anniversary of the AMIA bombing (and it's been 22 years this past St. Paddy's Day since the Israeli embassy was esploaded and yet still no one has been charged.

Not all terrorists are as easy to find.

On this you and I agree 100%. I knew if we worked long enough we'd find some middle ground. :)

From my perspective there are many Argentines who do not support Argentina, not just the rich. Many people that I speak with do not trust "the government." That's not only this government, but any government. Many Argentines are 100% sure that the government steals their money, that the government lies to them, and the government tells them to save in Pesos but they save Dollars for themselves. They are sure that the government is looking out only for the government. I think that is why so many Argentines look out only for themselves. If the government is setting the bad example people tend to follow.

What do you think?

I agree with your description. This country had too many experiences of "every man for himself". I wrote that several times here. That is why people, upper and middle classes in general, do not trust the country. Its like inflation, why do people go to the dollar? because we have a history of inflation, its not something new, and the dollar does not lose value.

This said, during the K years lots of companies made a lot of money, and did not re invest it. I agree 100% with Kicillof and lots of other economists, that the main reason of inflation is that the strong demand of including mases to consumption did not accompanied with investment to absorb that demand, so the result is prices going up.

This country is a mess. I agree with that diagnose 100%. But for the first time I see some things doing well. Inflation? this is the government with lower inflation since 1950. Corruption? well, that I cant say, my perception is that this government is very corrupt, as the next one and the past one. Social indicators? this is where I like the Ks, lots of social plans, lots of people growing, keeping strong the demand, the expand of internal market, more and more people getting into formal economy. We had from 1990 to 2003 25% unemployment (picture how bad is that, with insecurity, poverty, etc) and since the Ks we have 6%, thats very hard to make, I consider it an achievement.

The starting line of this decadence is clearly the last dictatorship. The dictatorships before werent that bad, I even conisder some of their economic plans, like Krieger Vasena, very reasonable.

the solution to all this mess is clear to me: state policies, maintain a line for decades, a national plan, that could achieve gobernability, that could distribute wealth, that can make the economy growth, etc.

[...]This said, during the K years lots of companies made a lot of money, and did not re invest it. I agree 100% with Kicillof and lots of other economists, that the main reason of inflation is that the strong demand of including mases to consumption did not accompanied with investment to absorb that demand, so the result is prices going up.[...]

The question remains - why SHOULD they re-invest and even pay taxes and such when the government is going to do its flighty crap, steal, fill the government with nepotistic relations and do things that will only hurt the businesses themselves? Everyone wants the other person to start doing their part, and many see that as nothing more than a trap for the boludos who do exactly that.

The government is not more patriotic than the very people it is accusing of being unpatriotic. How much suffering should a business do for its workers who are taught that they deserve everything without actually working hard for it? This whole thing with RRDA is such a perfect example of how Argentina's government treats businesses.

You have to give businesses/entrepreneurs incentive to create the jobs, just like you have to give workers the incentive to work and do a good job, just like you have to have a stick for both when they do wrong.

And the main reason for inflation is the government PRINTED A BUTT-LOAD OF MONEY to support its stupidity (the government is always the winner because the money gets to them before it causes inflation), among other poor decisions that are made here.

But keep believing their strange voodoo explanations (which of course have a basis in fact, as all good lies do).

One thing to think about is one definition of insanity: Do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. I don't see much sanity in the government here.

One thing to think about is one definition of insanity: Do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. I don't see much sanity in the government here.
It's pretty well known in the medical circles here that the Queen suffers from bi polar disorder and is heavily medicated. [and I'm not talking about botox]

Matias,

The government should work for the people. The people should not work for the government.

I think you wrote someplace that your degree is sociology. It seems to me that the Argentine culture is very parochial. The people tend to wait for the government to tell them what to do. It is the same with employees - they generally sit and wait for the boss to tell them what they should do.

I was speaking with an Argentine friend of mine last night at dinner about the cult of personality in government here. Argentines seem to like big personalities as leaders (Perón, Evita, CFK) who they think will finally fix the country. They do not put their trust in the actual system of government. He looked at me and said, "You are right! ... I wonder who can save us from that?"

LOL. Do you think this is accurate?

Back