Thailand VS.Argentina

BKK to BA

Registered
Ive gotten alot of PMs asking essentially the same question:

Why am I leaving here(BsAs) and going there(SE Asia),and what are the benefits...

Heres a copy/paste of one of my replies:

there are pros and cons to both places but in a nutshell

cost of living is much cheaper
ATMs everywhere that are never out of $ and are always working.
Better variety of food
much better weather(if u like the heat which i do)
much safer
typically friendly people
no dog crap
beaches
no lining up for everything.
More work
less inflation

About the same:

length of time to get stuff done
lack of common sense
bad driving
infrastructure
cost of electronics

on the down side:

not much as far as culture or activities unless u r into gogo bars,shopping or movies
all the girls look and act the same.
terrible beef and wine
worst traffic(in Bangkok) that Ive ever seen
being an obvious tourist/visitor,and constantly being targeted by hucksters,beggars and Indian tailors(who always want to shake your hand and refer to you as "Boss")

I don't know if you actually compare BA to BK or BK to BA

qwerty said:
I don't know if you actually compare BA to BK or BK to BA

haha,if you know of an abundance of ATMs that are always working and full of cash 24 hours a day in BsAs let the rest of us know where!

The pros should def convey that im NOT talking about BsAs

Beaches, more work and less inflation were my clues to understand that you were talking about Thailand.

If I had to ever live in Asia again (which I hope is never), Thailand would be the only country that I would live.

Friendly people
Good food
Amazing Beaches (make sure to go to Phi Phi Island)
Phenom Scuba (Phi Phi)
CHEAP

I went there 12 times in 2 years while living in Singapore...it was my escape.

jaredwb said:
If I had to ever live in Asia again (which I hope is never), Thailand would be the only country that I would live.

Friendly people
Good food
Amazing Beaches (make sure to go to Phi Phi Island)
Phenom Scuba (Phi Phi)
CHEAP

I went there 12 times in 2 years while living in Singapore...it was my escape.

You should check out Koh Lipe down near the border of Malaysia,its still pretty much undeveloped and the water is amazing.

I did Phi Phi once and the entire beach was littered in German men in Speedos...I wasnt expecting to see Leonardo DiCaprio running around,but the reality of it vs. the movie was quite a shock.

Funny when I was stuck in BKK I used to escape to Singapore,clean,no traffic...expensive as all hell but a welcome relief from the chaos of Bangkok.

I love Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam too.

Have you done Cebu,PI?

BKK to BA said:
all the girls look and act the same.

They probably act the same towards you because "you" look the same to them as well.........foreign and GREEN. ;)

cost of living is much cheaper Money is not everything and if it's more expensive poorer people just leave
ATMs everywhere that are never out of $ and are always working. No problem here
Better variety of food There is variety if you can afford it and look very good
much better weather(if u like the heat which i do) Your opinion, I think BA has probally the best weather in the world, other then maybe the summer, but I am either away or at the beach
much safer No complaints here
typically friendly people Maybe it's you? No problems here
no dog crap Not really a problem for me, but I am not living in a cheap place
beaches 4 hours away
no lining up for everything. Like?
More work Suggestive
less inflation Probally true, but who cares as long as you can afford it

qwerty said:
cost of living is much cheaper Money is not everything and if it's more expensive poorer people just leave
ATMs everywhere that are never out of $ and are always working. No problem here
Better variety of food There is variety if you can afford it and look very good
much better weather(if u like the heat which i do) Your opinion, I think BA has probally the best weather in the world, other then maybe the summer, but I am either away or at the beach
much safer No complaints here
typically friendly people Maybe it's you? No problems here
no dog crap Not really a problem for me, but I am not living in a cheap place
beaches 4 hours away
no lining up for everything. Like?
More work Suggestive
less inflation Probally true, but who cares as long as you can afford it

Qwerty,

Did you ever stop and think that maybe not everyone wants to live here? Not everyone's going to fall in love with the place. You seem to take it so personally. Not everyone likes where I'm from either...at the end of the day it's their loss not mine. No big deal.

By the way I found it interesting that you said money is not everything......yet in your post you seem to imply that you have it in abundance. You're right. When you got the dough, money isn't everything. But some of us gotta get it first!

BKK to BA said:
You should check out Koh Lipe down near the border of Malaysia,its still pretty much undeveloped and the water is amazing.

I did Phi Phi once and the entire beach was littered in German men in Speedos...I wasnt expecting to see Leonardo DiCaprio running around,but the reality of it vs. the movie was quite a shock.

Funny when I was stuck in BKK I used to escape to Singapore,clean,no traffic...expensive as all hell but a welcome relief from the chaos of Bangkok.

I love Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam too.

Have you done Cebu,PI?

Also really liked Malaysia. KL was vibrant but I never made it to the West, always thought about it but Phi Phi always won.

We stayed at one of the resorts on the back side of the Island and except for 1 trip, we were generally the only people on the private beach they had...it was incredible.

I heard Cebu was great, but didn't go to the Phili's.

Back