Thank you, Cablevision

fred mertz

Registered
Yesterday morning, I got up and turned on my tv, as usual, to watch the news. A message appeared on the screen that said that my station of choice would be available, momentarily. I assumed that there were technical problems with this station, as all of the other channels worked. After waiting awhile, I called Cablevision. I got the impression from the woman with whom was speaking that the problem was only on my set. I am not not much of tv viewer and this station is the only one that I enjoy. I was told that the problem woudl be fixed within 20 minutes. An hour later, I called back and was told that someone would have to come to my house. I was told that they would come on Wednesday (today) between 8:00-13:00. I received a call last night asking me confirm the appointment and again, this morning. Of course, no one came. I called and they said that the guy came and no one answered the bell. Outrageous! So tomorrow is day #2 of house arrest. There is no doubt in my mind that that this was totally planned. Don't these useless blanks have anything less to do than harress their customers? I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? At this time, the subject is Cablevision, not their partner in crime Fi............

fred mertz said:
Yesterday morning, I got up and turned on my tv, as usual, to watch the news. A message appeared on the screen that said that my station of choice would be available, momentarily. I assumed that there were technical problems with this station, as all of the other channels worked. After waiting awhile, I called Cablevision. I got the impression from the woman with whom was speaking that the problem was only on my set. I am not not much of tv viewer and this station is the only one that I enjoy. I was told that the problem woudl be fixed within 20 minutes. An hour later, I called back and was told that someone would have to come to my house. I was told that they would come on Wednesday (today) between 8:00-13:00. I received a call last night asking me confirm the appointment and again, this morning. Of course, no one came. I called and they said that the guy came and no one answered the bell. Outrageous! So tomorrow is day #2 of house arrest. There is no doubt in my mind that that this was totally planned. Don't these useless blanks have anything less to do than harress their customers? I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? At this time, the subject is Cablevision, not their partner in crime Fi............

Well, since my last incident with Fibertel I am on first name basis with the Director of Customer Service (he manages both Fib/Cab)...email, cell phone. Send me a DM with your info and I'll call you tomorrow and see if we can get this fixed...tomorrow!

Cablevision never showed up on the day we had booked (weeks in advance) for cable installation. We woke up when the window began at 8am and waited all day... no phone call, no cancellation, nothing. We called and got a second appointment -- they initially said the earliest appt. was 3 weeks away, but after about 30 minutes of begging/arguing/spazzing, got one for the next day. Once again, sat in the house all day like a couple of potted plants. We called around 5pm to follow up and was assured that a tech was on his way, but once again, no one ever showed (though this time, the customer service girl called back at 7pm to let us know that it wasn't HER fault. How helpful.) Third appointment -- finagled a Saturday slot, only after my GF finally broke down into tears, asking if they understood how unfair this was and that she could not take a third weekday off of work. Guy is supposed to arrive between 8am and 1pm - of course he swings by at 2:30pm. Good times.

fred mertz said:
There is no doubt in my mind that that this was totally planned.

This made me laugh; an Argentine company planning something....

From my 6 years experience living in Argentina I can assure you they don't have the capabilities of masterminding such a cunning plot to make customers sit at home all day, it comes through the lack of planning.....

Back