Thank You Mercado Libre

BankNote

Registered
Recently, I had a ugly experience with a vendor on Mercado Libre. ( ML)

But I want to thank Mercado Libre for giving me support and reimbursing my funds.

This is what happened

aa) I bought a Campana Cocina ( extractor) from a seller in ML ( TST - Tusla)

bb) The extractor was delivered on time..by the seller

cc) I got my building electrician ( working in the building for 8 years) to fit my extractor. He fits it

dd) After 2 days I start my cooking. Guess what? The extractor vibrates like crazy ; does not extract fumes ; and is a peace of mierda.

ee) I contact the seller. Guess what? The seller shows me the finger and tell me " do what you want, I can not assist you..since you contacted me 3 days after delivery"

ff) I contact mercado libre. They contacted the seller. the seller does not respond to them...for 5 days

gg) Ultimately Mercado Libre tells me to return the item to the seller - only grudge they just give me 3 days to do it !!! ( what if I was not in town???)

hh) I send the damn extractor back to the seller..albeit having to buy a new box. ML reimburses me the amount of the extractor! ( not the amount spent for buying a new cardboard box or the amount spent in receiving ( shipping fees) the extractor)

I am grateful to Mercado Libre. But I think in the future, I will only buy electronic stuff from big super markets, where I have face to face contact! lesson learnt!!!!

Not bad. The vendor should have given you a different one.

Not bad. The vendor should have given you a different one.

He told me in Spanish " Do what you can..I will not assist you. Try to use the warranty you got with the item And put the phone on me!!!!!!!!"

Why should I use the warranty when I got a defective new item!

In US, the vendor immediately gives you a new one within the 1st month of the purchase, maybe.
But the manufacture probably does not give any support to someone like that. i once bought a defective TV from a big store on Santa Fe, they immediately gave me another one.

Out of curiosity: aren't there consumer laws that cover cases like this in general? Or is it just too difficult to enforce them in practice?

Out of curiosity: aren't there consumer laws that cover cases like this in general? Or is it just too difficult to enforce them in practice?

I am really shaken up with this experience. Although Mercado Libre did reimburse me..but I have lost the confidence of buying anything ever again in ML....who the hell wants to deal with these rogue sellers and "fly by the night" companies..

I never in my life heard this one..i can not give you a replacement since you called after 3 days?

THREE DAYS??? seriously???

P.s - the seller and manufacturer were the same..TST ( Tusla)

When you are asked to rate the vendor, you can respond accordingly. Mercado Libre monitors them, so vendors want to have good ratings posted or they lose business.

I bought a new Orbis water heater and a new small refrigerator through Mercado Libre. I had no problem.

I am really shaken up with this experience. Although Mercado Libre did reimburse me..but I have lost the confidence of buying anything ever again in ML....who the hell wants to deal with these rogue sellers and "fly by the night" companies..

I never in my life heard this one..i can not give you a replacement since you called after 3 days?

THREE DAYS??? seriously???

P.s - the seller and manufacturer were the same..TST ( Tusla)
Seriously, " really shaken up with this experience" is a bit of an extreme reaction to having to argue over getting your money back (which you did).
Just my opinion, I am probably much older than you, therefore have a different outlook.
Nancy

Seriously, " really shaken up with this experience" is a bit of an extreme reaction to having to argue over getting your money back (which you did).

Lets analyze the word "seriously", used by you.

Seriously :-

1. Its not so pleasant, when the seller basically shows you the finger, when you call him to report the delivered product is defective
2. Its not so pleasant, when you lodge a reclaim with ML...they respond after 3 days every time
3. Its not so pleasant, having to cook without a Camapana Cocina for several weeks, when you are normally used to it, on a day to day basis
4. Its not so pleasant, when ML sends you a email on Friday..and tells you - you have exactly 3 days to send the item back to the seller, else this case will be closed..and you are not in town on Friday!
5. Its not so pleasant, when you have to pay from your pocket to get the camapana removed from the kitchen, catch a taxi to go to OCA office with the campana
6. Its not so pleasant, when Oca tells you they do not have a box of this size..and then you leave the damn Campana in OCA office and go looking for the right sized box all over Cap Fed.
7. Its not so pleasant, having to scan all evidence having to send to ML that you actually have sent the item back to the seller

Yes, It was a relief to get the money back ( Not that one will become bankrupt - if one loses this money). Its the matter of getting conned and letting the culprit get away with the con. My whole excercise was not to let this vendor get away with the con..and it was a big relief - I did not let him. I do not con people to earn my living and I do not allow anyone to con me.

Just my 2 cents, ma'am. I am not a baby either, just arriving in the world!..am 45 years old, living in BA for several yrs.

Lets analyze the word "seriously", used by you.

Seriously :-

1. Its not so pleasant, when the seller basically shows you the finger, when you call him to report the delivered product is defective
2. Its not so pleasant, when you lodge a reclaim with ML...they respond after 3 days every time
3. Its not so pleasant, having to cook without a Camapana Cocina for several weeks, when you are normally used to it, on a day to day basis
4. Its not so pleasant, when ML sends you a email on Friday..and tells you - you have exactly 3 days to send the item back to the seller, else this case will be closed..and you are not in town on Friday!
5. Its not so pleasant, when you have to pay from your pocket to get the camapana removed from the kitchen, catch a taxi to go to OCA office with the campana
6. Its not so pleasant, when Oca tells you they do not have a box of this size..and then you leave the damn Campana in OCA office and go looking for the right sized box all over Cap Fed.
7. Its not so pleasant, having to scan all evidence having to send to ML that you actually have sent the item back to the seller

Yes, It was a relief to get the money back ( Not that one will become bankrupt - if one loses this money). Its the matter of getting conned and letting the culprit get away with the con. My whole excercise was not to let this vendor get away with the con..and it was a big relief - I did not let him. I do not con people to earn my living and I do not allow anyone to con me.

Just my 2 cents, ma'am. I am not a baby either, just arriving in the world!..am 45 years old, living in BA for several yrs.

Are you kidding?

You're in Argentina, man. Get over it. Ever read these forums? The incredible disasters, delays, inconveniences, estafas?

You're one of the lucky ones. You should be out celebrating.

Back