Thanksgiving in BA

fred mertz

Registered
Next Thursday is Thanksgiving, which is an important American holiday. I haven´t seen anything about festivities to celebrate it. Without turkey it´s not Thanksgiving. Yes, the ''American Club'' is having a lunch. I´ve gone: never again.

Kansas does a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving - usually pretty good. Other than that - maybe the more expat bars will have something - Sugar or The Office?

I keep thinking about Thanksgiving.... I'm sad, first Thanksgiving in BsAs.... it's my favorite holiday.

This will be our first Thanksgiving here... ordering a turkey this week. Brought some brine, gravy stuffing, cranberry, etc. from the States. Hopefully it will come out good. :rolleyes:

Not sure if they are doing it again but Casa Bar had an awesome all you can eat Thanksgiving Dinner last year. It was 80 pesos for as many plates as you wanted of turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mash potatoes and some greens. Then for dessert was some great pumpkin pie. Also, they had all the football games playing. Only downside was it took a while to get food because there were a lot of people.
Hope they are doing it again this year.

I'm hungry! :D

Has anyone been to Kansas? I'm guessing you can't book and have to wait in line is that right? What about the others? Can you reserve?

I haven't had Thanksgiving dinner in about 10 years. If I can reserve, this might be the year! :D

I'm totally getting hungry now too!

Min - no reservations at Kansas but do it American style and go early (ie anytime btwn late lunch and 7 p.m.). Won't be any wait at all :)

citygirl said:
I'm totally getting hungry now too!

Min - no reservations at Kansas but do it American style and go early (ie anytime btwn late lunch and 7 p.m.). Won't be any wait at all :)

Thanks.... Will see. I'll keep an open mind. :)

For what it is worth, Kansas was fantastic last year (even without cranberries).

Back