Thanksgiving in Vicente Lopez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

captdave

Registered
Hey guys!

I apologize for the delay in getting this going - I have had a house full of guests and some scheduling problems for housekeeping/cleaning.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing for Thanksgiving....

As some of you know, we have an oven here that is big enough to roast several turkeys, so I am thinking of having a sit-down Thanksgiving dinner for as many people as want to come, up to about 30 or 40 (at which point we start running out of seating room and plates.)

I am planning on cooking the turkeys (with stuffing, of course!) and making a cauldron of mashed potatoes. Perhaps a pie or two...
I will also make sure there is enough champagne for at least one round for all..
Everything else (mostly drinks, salads, &/or other desserts) would come with the guests.

Turkeys here average about 4-5 kilos, so I imagine we would need about 3.

Suggested (optional) donation would be about 25 pesos each. I will have a jar to put money in, and although nobody is required to contribute, the cost of the birds, spuds/pies, champagne and cleanup will be about 500-750 pesos so contributions will be appreciated!

I need to ask for RSVP's, because I need to buy the turkeys no later then Weds (they are frozen). Please advise if you are planning on bringing a dish or dessert, so we will have some idea what we have and what else we might need!

Although Thanksgiving is traditionally an afternoon affair, I thought we would plan on eating sometime around 7:00 PM, so some of the folks who have to work will be able to come. That should break up early enough so folks who have to get up Friday might still have a chance!

Anyway, that's the plan - anyone interested?

Saludos,

David

Took a while to get this posted - sorry!

Try to let me know by Weds. morning if you plan to come, and how many with you? I'll be getting the turkeys and stuff Weds. so that's sort of the cutoff, although I will get extra just in case!

:)

Saludos,

David

Love to join you on thursday..could you repeat the address please,

Regards Simon.

Ay caramba! THURSDAY.... no puedo!

I was hoping it was a Sunday Thanksgiving in keeping with the Sunday schedule of bitchin' bbq's. BUMMER!

You guys have fun. David, you are providing an invaluable service. You are THE MAN!

Everyone else, have fun.

suerte

i'll be there with a friend and salad, anything else?
thanks again.
andy.

Hey guys!

Tempting though it was to have the dinner on the weekend, I just can't do that!

Thanksgiving is on Thursday (I don't know why, but it is!)

Hope you can make it !!!

David

PS:
I have 4 cans of Cranberry sauce, courtesy of one of my guests! Nobody really eats it, but it ain't Thanksgiving without it!

:)

Napoleon said:
Ay caramba! THURSDAY.... no puedo!

I was hoping it was a Sunday Thanksgiving in keeping with the Sunday schedule of bitchin' bbq's. BUMMER!

You guys have fun. David, you are providing an invaluable service. You are THE MAN!

Everyone else, have fun.

suerte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back