"the Ashes" Cricket Series Live In Sth America

I wish I was at home on the sofa watching this, this would have been a perfect day's loafing about, half reading a book, half watching the test. For me that's the beauty of a day in front of the cricket on the box. Let it anchor your day whilst you read, listen to music and eat around it.

I agree ED Cowan has got too many chances! So did Warner. Time to give someone new a chance.

Interesting day.

England 215
Australia 4-75 (Smith 38* Hughes 7*)

8 wickets fell in the last session - Could be a sign of things to come.

The Australians really let the English off the hook in the last 20 overs of days play. I think if they can muster 300 and aim to bat for two sessions tomorrow that would bring the match back to evens, considering this pitch that has been doctored up. WIll be difficult to chase 200 in the 4th inns IMO.

Is Ed Cowan the worst cricketer ever to play test cricket? He is atrocious.

Cant believe (in fact I can) the lack of resistance from our top order. Looks like the good work of the bowlers all undone. With the all-rounders our batting lineup looks really short and that worries me on this pitch.

I agree with you, Ed Cowan is a very average cricketer. I would have liked to have seen Warner played, I think hes done his time.

One things for sure, this test is going to get a result.

And hows the selection of Agar? I wonder whos decision that was? John Inverarity is a fantastic bloke (my ex headmaster in high school) but I am not overly impressed with his job as selector and bringing a teenager in for his first test in an Ashes series on English soil when we arent exactly fielding a settled and really experienced side I dont agree with.

Invers isn't on selection duty for the tour its just Marsh and Boof - so probably Lehmann stamping his own vision on the side. Crazy choice - I like Agar but this is way too soon, Australia finally find a spinner who gives dependable if not spectacular service and they dump him. To then include Starc as well is madness - that is an attack loaded with risk, if he can't find movement with the red ball early (quite likely) and Agar isn't bowling like a spinner with 5 or 6 years more experience (quite likely) then Oz have basically two bowlers and whatever Watto can offer.

I thinks Harris and Bird are Australia's next best weapons after Pattinson, they each carry their own risks but at least one should've been in the side.

Harris is in the squad. Surprised to see Starc getting so much importance!

In the squad yes, but he'll find it hard having much influence on the game from the changerooms.

Invers isn't on selection duty for the tour its just Marsh and Boof - so probably Lehmann stamping his own vision on the side. Crazy choice - I like Agar but this is way too soon, Australia finally find a spinner who gives dependable if not spectacular service and they dump him. To then include Starc as well is madness - that is an attack loaded with risk, if he can't find movement with the red ball early (quite likely) and Agar isn't bowling like a spinner with 5 or 6 years more experience (quite likely) then Oz have basically two bowlers and whatever Watto can offer.

I know hes not there but surely he must still have a say as Chairman and if not hes still responsible. Watson only bowled 4 overs in the first innings - he didnt need to. So thats a good sign.

Our batting linup looks way too fragile though, outside of Clarke (you could add in Watson) we dont have any proven quality. Plus we only have 5 genuine batsmen (plus an all rounder) of which the top 4 made a combined 29 runs. Rogers has never quite made it and has been recycled from his county record. Cowan and Hughes are average at best. The good thing is all the bowlers can bat atleast a little, Agar has been known to hang around in his few appearanced for WA.

I agree with you on Agar, Pauper. The lack of spinners coming through in Australian cricket is really disappointing. I read an article a while back and Shane Warne reckons that in domestic cricket spinners arent given enough game time and confidence to develop. Hes probably right. The only positive I can think of is atleast they are not scared to play young/unproven talent which for so long they were...

shocking batting line-up.

No one seems like a proper batsman except Clarke.

Back