The Ashes: England In Australia

5 for "the 27 year old English Medium Paced bowler"...that pitch has a draw in it if both batting lineups are capable, the ball looked flat later in the session. Home team can probably get to 350.

Broad definitely silenced any critics! Maybe we should try reverse psychology - tell him he's a good bloke and how much he's appreciated and one of our top six might make 50. I was only able to watch a few overs last night but the pitch looked like it had more in it for the batsmen. Did the Aussies bat badly or was he just that good? Looking forward to another day, if all else fails we might have to ask Andrew Symonds to take him fishing!

Broad definitely silenced any critics! Maybe we should try reverse psychology - tell him he's a good bloke and how much he's appreciated and one of our top six might make 50. I was only able to watch a few overs last night but the pitch looked like it had more in it for the batsmen. Did the Aussies bat badly or was he just that good? Looking forward to another day, if all else fails we might have to ask Andrew Symonds to take him fishing!

The pitch looks like Av Cabildo without the potholes. Chockers full of runs.
With all due respect to Broad, and I have only seen 4 of his 5 wickets, his bowling was solid and unspectacular. The fact he was allowed to bag 5 is a scathing indictment on the Australian top 6. He has a happy knack of picking up wickets with really quite ordinary bowling. But he obviously has our measure - and the fact that Warner and a few others were trying to get in his head pre-test is just salt into the wound.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the English top and middle order will not throw their wickets away in such a gutless fashion on this pitch. They are serious cricketers.

Australia not out of it but England were 1/517 on this pitch in 2010. Great opportunity for them now.

I was at the MCG on day 1 in 2010 and watched the top order make the same / similar mistakes that they made today.
What is batting coach Michael Di Venuto doing for his $400k a year? Giving throw downs in the nets? Today dismissals looked like under 15s schoolboys learning their trade.

Only day 1 of the first test and look at me :mad: I will have no hair left by Boxing Day.

It looks like the transition from that all conquering aussie side to the current side wasn't managed well. As for England, I don't see an enormous leap in skill, more a change in mentality which allows them to be confident in what they are doing.

I believe this match going to go till the 5th day... Aussies has to push their game up a notch.

The pitch looks like Av Cabildo without the potholes. Chockers full of runs.
With all due respect to Broad, and I have only seen 4 of his 5 wickets, his bowling was solid and unspectacular. The fact he was allowed to bag 5 is a scathing indictment on the Australian top 6. He has a happy knack of picking up wickets with really quite ordinary bowling. But he obviously has our measure - and the fact that Warner and a few others were trying to get in his head pre-test is just salt into the wound.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the English top and middle order will not throw their wickets away in such a gutless fashion on this pitch. They are serious cricketers.

Australia not out of it but England were 1/517 on this pitch in 2010. Great opportunity for them now.

I was at the MCG on day 1 in 2010 and watched the top order make the same / similar mistakes that they made today.
What is batting coach Michael Di Venuto doing for his $400k a year? Giving throw downs in the nets? Today dismissals looked like under 15s schoolboys learning their trade.

Only day 1 of the first test and look at me :mad: I will have no hair left by Boxing Day.

I imagine the Australian selectors did a double take when the innings continued after 50 overs. Maybe they'll select a test side for the next match.

Will the trajectory of Johnson's first delivery define Australia's trajectory in the series?

Will the trajectory of Johnson's first delivery define Australia's trajectory in the series?

Dragged after 3 overs going for 5 an over. He is terrible. Just looks awful bowling.
Don't understand these people who are saying he is "rejuvenated". I nearly spat out my empanada when i heard he was in the 12 man squad. He's a joke.

Harris and siddle are quality. Hope Harris stays fit

Back