The Ashes: England In Australia

I just saw Johnson get a wicket bowling to a plan and now Lyon is on a hattrick in the next over - I expect to wake up soon and find that this post doesn't exist.

Ahhh the collapse, how we have missed you !

136 all out, no way back from that, too many days left to have hope of a draw. Barring a disaster for the home side it's 1-0 Aus.

Don't underestimate Australia's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - (see one day series in India)

Dragged after 3 overs going for 5 an over. He is terrible. Just looks awful bowling.
Don't understand these people who are saying he is "rejuvenated". I nearly spat out my empanada when i heard he was in the 12 man squad. He's a joke.

Man of the match, leads both the batting and bowling averages for the series and was one wicket away from joining Alan Davidson, Ian Botham and Imran Khan as the only players to take 10 wickets and score 100 runs in a Test. How long before Johnson scares the English more than he scares the Australians?

Man of the match, leads both the batting and bowling averages for the series and was one wicket away from joining Alan Davidson, Ian Botham and Imran Khan as the only players to take 10 wickets and score 100 runs in a Test. How long before Johnson scares the English more than he scares the Australians?

This is unbelievable paups - I am thrilled to be proven wrong!
It is a 5 test series though and consistency is not a strong suit of Johnson nor Aussie cricket of late.
Adelaide should be a road and could prove a draw, but Perth - That should be a hunting ground against the English.
Cook and Bell look to be the best English sticks and KP isn't far behind. Carberry's a trier and could prove useful.
Trott looks a little rattled and Prior looks terrible. Surprised Anderson is flying under the radar has not bowled with any penetration.
Really impressed with the targeting campaign of Swann - He looked all at sea in both innings, a part timer at best. Root looked the better proposition.

The man is a riddle wrapped in a sleeve tat, there's a whole nation gleefully scraping yolk and albumen from their faces today. I had my doubts for him for Adelaide so checked his record there: 19 wickets at 23.78 - is it wrong that I still want him left out to be ready for Perth?

I watched the whole of day 2 last night until 4am *yawn* what a days play!
There is still life in the English. No one seems to be able to work out the pitch, but I think on day 4 it will break up and be good for the spinners, as well as slowing down to the point where it will be an advantage to the pacemen rather than the batsmen.
The equation for England in day 3 is simple: Survive. From there maybe they can get back into the series.

Nice touch all the players wearing armbands for Nelson Mandela's passing.

I'm going down Recoleta way tonight to scout out some bars for hopefully watching a session or two.

The man is a riddle wrapped in a sleeve tat, there's a whole nation gleefully scraping yolk and albumen from their faces today. I had my doubts for him for Adelaide so checked his record there: 19 wickets at 23.78 - is it wrong that I still want him left out to be ready for Perth?

Yes it was wrong, it was very wrong... would anyone like an omelette?

Went to Casa Bar last night and watched a bit of it - They had no problem putting it on.

Saw Dave Warner's screamer and Broad's loooooong golden duck.

I want to see a competitive series and for this to happen England need to sort themselves out quick sticks

Back