The Best Reason Now To Be An Expat In Argentina...

As far as comments within the video, one of my favorite ones was they guy who asked the interviewer "What is a terrorist?". She couldn't say, and asked him for his definition. He replied, the Bush and Obama fit the bill perfectly.

The word "terrorist"...

For instance, Breivik

110803-anders-behring-breivik%20-%20tribunes%20romandes.jpg

he's not a terrorist, he's a crazy killer

While Belmokhtar

6070321-9059040.jpg

is a terrorist !

terreo in Latin = I frighten

Oh, and a drone attack

1366327566.jpg

is a drone attack

That's my best reason to be in Argentina! We are far away from all that crap!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]“the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth…"[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]You don't have to be a Marxist to be concerned about the inequality of wealth distribution in the USA. [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Currently the US is ranked around 93rd in the world in income equality, below India, China, and Iran, which is disgraceful. In my opinion of course, you may differ![/background]

I've been to India. I've been to a lot of places in the world. I have never seen the level of poverty, on such a large scale in the States as I have in places like India. To even make any kind of "inequality" comparison between what people in the States have vs what people have in India is ridiculous. I don't know what numbers you are talking about specifically, but I can guarantee you that when talking about what a person's income buys as related to basic supplies, not to mention luxury goods, the poorest in the States are better off than the majority of Indians and other countries around the world.

Arguing then, about redistribution of wealth being necessary based on something like "world income equality", is invalid. I don't even have to see the numbers. I've seen the conditions personally in places like India, Malaysia, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Angola, etc. I've known people from China that knew about the extreme poverty in their country and were abhorred, and worked with others who were one of the lucky middle class, living in a specially-built city and swore that there were no poverty issues in their country.

The thing is, the US Constitution doesn't exist to allow wealth redistribution at gunpoint - it actually was made to ensure property rights (and if you think the money you've made LEGALLY isn't your property, well, I don't know what to say) which is pretty much the opposite.

As I've said many times, particularly about Obama's flagship health care program forced down a large portion of the unwilling public and unconstitutional no matter what games are played with the "Commerce" clause: if you don't like what the Constitution says, it provides its own manner of allowing change, via Amendments. Change the damned constitution, as has been 27 times in the past.

Why doesn't that happen? It seems that people now making arguments for more laws controlling wealth are saying "isn't it obvious that it's what we should be doing? You're either with us or against us." The people who are against it see it as a huge change and know that laws should not be passed doing such a thing because that is NOT what the Constitution is meant for. Those who are for such changes know that to pass an amendment it would take years of consensus-building and negotiating, of trying to change minds, and a probable outcome that the States would not ratify such changes.

It's more expedient to go around the law of the land. The ends justify the means.

"First, do no harm."

The thing is, the US Constitution doesn't exist to allow wealth redistribution at gunpoint

It doesn't exist for that purpose but it certainly allows for it.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

It doesn't exist for that purpose but it certainly allows for it.

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States"

It has certainly been twisted to interpret that way, at times. It is does allow for eminent domain and other such considerations, it allows congress to pass laws regulating commerce, but it doesn't allow specifically for wealth distribution. We don't need to play semantic games. The Constitution allows Congress to collect taxes to aid the functioning of the government, but how far can one twist that to mean take money from one group of people and give to another? How does that conflict with personal property rights, which are as strongly protected in the Constitution as freedom of speech?

If wealth distribution is "allowed" in the Constitution, why is it that Obama's people had to defend the constitutionality of requiring people to pay for private health care? Why did they have to change their tactics to present the law as a tax, supposedly recognizable under the commerce clause, if it's so easy?

See, this way, we don't have to pay attention to the Constitution any more. The slippery slope keeps things going downhill with one precedent after another pushing the limits until the limits are well past what the original framework of the land says and now we can't get past precedent.

They're playing games, not honest politics. But again, it's ok for the "correct" side to do such things, and those who are against it are enemies.

I think when too many people read the word "welfare" in that sentence, they immediately think that means the government should take care of them instead of providing an environment where people can prosper.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated." - Thomas Jefferson

"A wise and frugal government, shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government." - Thomas Jefferson

"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the general welfare, the government is no longer a limited one possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one subject to particular exceptions." - James Madison

"To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, the guarantee to everyone the free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it."- Thomas Jefferson

"The government of the United States is a definite government, confined to specified objects. It is not like the state governments, whose powers are more general. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government." - James Madison

Do you really think actual redistribution of wealth by force was the intention of the creators of the US Constitution? Again, I don't give a damn how much anyone thinks it's the "right thing to do" you can't ignore the constitution. They even made a way to change it.

And if you think that words of intent written outside the Constitution carry no weight, think again. They are used all the time to interpret the INTENT of the founders.

Thank you, ElQueso. The quotes literally...speak for themselves...as well as over 300 million Americans who soon will discover their individual freedom has been lost to a handful of power grabbers who have taken control of many aspects of their lives...as well as their deaths.

About a hundred million have already lost their plans, as well as the doctors they were told they could keep.

Most of them will be paying more for their health insurance, not less, as promised.

Some want to give Obamacare enough time (at least a year) to be fully implemented to determine it's merits.

By then it will be to late, if it isn't already.

There is no way the Republicans can stop or delay its implementation, and it is doubtful they will even try again.

They are no longer the party of obstruction (or the party that wants to preserve the Constitution). They are now the cave in party.

It appears the Republic is lost.

Thank you, ElQueso. The quotes literally...speak for themselves...as well as over 300 million Americans who soon will discover their individual freedom has been lost to a handful of power grabbers who have taken control of many aspects of their lives...as well as their deaths.

About a hundred million have already lost their plans, as well as the doctors they were told they could keep.

Most of them will be paying more for their health insurance, not less, as promised.

Some want to give Obamacare enough time (at least a year) to be fully implemented to determine it's merits.

By then it will be to late, if it isn't already.

There is no way the Republicans can stop or delay its implementation, and it is doubtful they will even try again.

They are no longer the party of obstruction (or the party that wants to preserve the Constitution). They are now the cave in party.

It appears the Republic is lost.
Ohhhhhh noooo, Mr Steve.

Ohhhhhh noooo, Mr Steve.

Haven't you leaned by now that I don't believe in ghosts or anything they say?

They're never coherent.

Nonetheless, I must give you credit for being able to say more than booo, Mr. Ghost.

I've been to India. I've been to a lot of places in the world. I have never seen the level of poverty, on such a large scale in the States as I have in places like India. To even make any kind of "inequality" comparison between what people in the States have vs what people have in India is ridiculous. I don't know what numbers you are talking about specifically, but I can guarantee you that when talking about what a person's income buys as related to basic supplies, not to mention luxury goods, the poorest in the States are better off than the majority of Indians and other countries around the world.

I've been to some of those places too and to places in South America which can match them, and I'd agree that those levels of poverty don't exist in the USA. The index I referred to has nothing to do with absolute levels of poverty, but relative wealth levels. The following clip explains it better than I can. I think it comes down to whether you believe that the top 1% of Americans owning 40% of the nation's wealth while the bottom 80% own 7% is a good thing or not. I don't, but can accept that others want to maintain that disparity.

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2013/03/extreme-wealth-inequality-in-the-usa/

I've been to some of those places too and to places in South America which can match them, and I'd agree that those levels of poverty don't exist in the USA. The index I referred to has nothing to do with absolute levels of poverty, but relative wealth levels. The following clip explains it better than I can. I think it comes down to whether you believe that the top 1% of Americans owning 40% of the nation's wealth while the bottom 80% own 7% is a good thing or not. I don't, but can accept that others want to maintain that disparity.

http://www.macrobusi...ity-in-the-usa/

Why not point out that those who live at the "poverty line" in the USA would live a life of "abundance" in all poor nations.

Wealth is not only created, it is accumulated over time.

The "wealth" in the United States does not belong to the collective (or as you say, the nation.)

But those in power have a clear desire to redistribute it to the rest of the world,

Back