The city has just declared a Sanitary Emergency

I understand most peoples concern that the Swine flu can mutate with much higher mortality figures like happened in the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918 .

There is always a high risk of this and many people are saying this is happening already in Argentina. I believe there are a combination of factors at play here that are causing the higher mortality rates compared to Chile, USA, Australia.

Ventilators are lacking in hospitals in Argentina and these need to be seriously upgraded to cope with increased demand in the coming months.

Public Health is in the hands of government and Argentina must dramatically increase its public spending .

pericles said:
Public Health is in the hands of government and Argentina must dramatically increase its public spending .

It's difficult to increase public spending when the government has just finished funnelling millions and millions of public funds towards a election campaign that was moved up (and then not postponed) because the criminals in charge thought that they had a possibility of winning the election earlier rather than later.

Add to that the millions that are spent on street sweepers because porteños are too lazy to walk half a block with a piece of paper in their hand before throwing it into a garbage can, but rather just drop whatever trash they have in their hands right there.

Those two points right there could buy a few thousand ventilators. They wouldn't save the world, but they could save many lives. But I don't have any family (wife/kids) or a pet, so if I die it's not a big loos. I'll just be upset that I don't get to return to the States for a couple of week in August/September to see Miami for the first time, then play soccer in LA with some "celebs", before returning to Texas to see my 2 year old niece for the first time since she's started talking and attend a semi-reunion with my best friends from high school. Oh well, you can't live forever.

PS- One of the 4 putarias in my square city block has closed its doors. They're chained shut and one of the other 4 putarias has stuck a bunch of papelitos in the door to snag other customers. This swine flu scare could drastically cut back on the whoring industry in this town. That'll hurt the economy as well.

If it takes swine flu to get rid of all the putas I am very happy :)

How do you suggest to pay for it Pericles?

P.S. Where did my post go?

BlahBlah said:

What an outrageous comment Blahblah regarding prostitution. If people decide to do this profession we have no right to judge others.

I am not a politician Blahblah so why are you directing inane questions to me.

What an outrageous comment Blahblah regarding prostitution. If people decide to do this profession we have no right to judge others.

And I have the right to think that BA is a better place without them and that I could care less if they all go back to the place where they come from, so they don't bother me

I am not a politician Blahblah so why are you directing inane questions to me.

It's not a insane question, it's a normal question after a statement like that.

Why don't you direct some of your anger to Napoleon who asked the same question?

tangobob said:
Well that has convinced me. I am off to make my peace with God before we all die.

Ha ha!

I think it would be interesting to see percentages instead of numbers of people infected. And the percentages of those infected that actually died.

BlahBlah said:

Hey, Pericles, why don't you just ban BlahBlah from the site, just as Igor did with his/her other "member" names? He/she is beyond annoying.

Back