The city has just declared a Sanitary Emergency

nikad

Registered
Due to the fast spreading of H1N1 flu. It is recommended to avoid crowded places such as theatres, malls, etc.

How come no one wears surgical masks here?

They do, go out a bit more

I only hope the turn-out at bars does not suffer but it probally does

Joe said:
How come no one wears surgical masks here?

Last night I saw the someone wearing one on the train for the first time. Not a whole lot considering a 'Sanitary Emergency'.

My home city of Melbourne was dubbed 'swine flu capital of the world' for the rate that the virus spread. Still don't know anyone who has it or has had it.

While I believe that Swine Flu is a problem so is all the other strains of flu that kill over 10000 Argentines per year . People need to take into account that life is inherently dangerous and many activities that we do every day are much more dangerous than the Flu ie driving a car or having sexual relations.

Most all of us have to fear is Fear itself.

Argentine news reported that the minister of urban development has swine flu and that the state is considering a city wide quarantine of sorts!? Schools may be shut down for a few days...we'll see what happens. This is getting out of hand. More people die from car accidents a day in Argentina than this swine flu has totaled for months.

Schools are closing down for a month as from Monday - Incorporating the winter break, but extending it due to the pandemic. As has been said, in relative terms, more people die from "ordinary" flu, and far more from car accidents - Lets ban all cars in the cf! Might help with the air quality whilst we're at it!

RobW said:
Argentine news reported that the minister of urban development has swine flu and that the state is considering a city wide quarantine of sorts!? Schools may be shut down for a few days...we'll see what happens. This is getting out of hand. More people die from car accidents a day in Argentina than this swine flu has totaled for months.

Well, if people are going to stay home then the car accident rate will go down too! ;)

Thats a great idea lets stay at home for ever that way we will not die from car accidents , swine flu , plane crashes, sniper attacks, or a myriad of other possibilities.:D

Back