The Club Sandwich Index

Eat this Club

blog+1412.jpg
RichOne, please use a wooden cutting board for the sandwich, slicing on the ivory kitchen top will ruin the good knife of yours!

RichOne, please use a wooden cutting board for the sandwich, slicing on the ivory kitchen top will ruin the good knife of yours!

I was thinking he threw it up in the air, sliced it on the fly with his trusty katana, and did so with such art and grace that it fell exactly as we see it in the picture...

All my youth growing up in the NYC area I ate wonderful Ruben sandwiches. ALWAYS served grilled with RUSSIAN dressing. Pastrami on rye was a different story, usually served with mustard. Maybe it's an East Coast vs West coast thing :)

All my youth growing up in the NYC area I ate wonderful Ruben sandwiches. ALWAYS served grilled with RUSSIAN dressing. Pastrami on rye was a different story, usually served with mustard. Maybe it's an East Coast vs West coast thing :)

Well, I'll be damned! I just remember the wonderful taste of that deli-style pastrami, with sauerkraut, and a kosher pickle on the side, yum yum! And I like rye bread, I just don't like it with caraway seeds.

Speaking of such delicacies, anyone ever find a Ruben here made with real corned beef? Maybe an option for Hybrid San (no problems finding the beef)

Back