The Ideal Life in Baires

you can hardly blame the restaurant for being closed down by AFIP. Why not call in advance. It is not unusual for restaurants to be closed in feb for holidays so it is always worth calling in advance. Living in Bs As you just need to adapt a bit. Its not the end of the world. Its a great city but it is not going to change for you so you either have to change your attitudes and lifestyle to fit with it or move on.

We're all here for a reason. When I miss the midwest I just head to Carlos Keen for a day :)

For a thread that was started to give a positive counterbalance, this one has quite a bit of pushing back. I shudder to think what would happen if someone would start a thread like, say, "I LOVE dulce de leche"...

Other than BradlyHale, maybe people can add some insight on some non-consumption based likes and dislikes.
...Just a thought, as these threads get very repetitive :)

I love my arrogant argentina friends

I love how I have more money than them, yet they dont blink when giving me a 2 hour lecture on how to improve my life

I love that I have a party and buy a litre of ice cream.. Then she takes it and eats it all without sharing and without 1 % shame of conscience

Then doesnt eat for the next 4 days to maintain the anorexic stick figure

I love that her house actually belonged to her mother..until she lived 'at home' so long her mother got kicked out and she assumed the house. I would love to do that with my parents house

I love the way there is something happening 24 / 7

I love everything here, (HEART) argentina

EvanB said:
Other than BradlyHale, maybe people can add some insight on some non-consumption based likes and dislikes.
...Just a thought, as these threads get very repetitive :)

So EvanB, why don't you contribute? Contribute some things that are not about consumption, of course.

If food is what someone likes (or anything else that is consumption-centered) what's the big deal?

My post included weddings and public transportation.

cafeconleche said:
I definitely prefer Taj Mahal to Tandoor.

Well each to their own but it was there that the Tandoor Chicken came with English gravy...we just laughed..but maybe you can ask to see their Tandoor oven and prove me wrong!

fifs2 said:
Well each to their own but it was there that the Tandoor Chicken came with English gravy...we just laughed..but maybe you can ask to see their Tandoor oven and prove me wrong!

Ah but I'm vegetarian :) I can vouch for the palak paneer though!

cafeconleche said:
Ah but I'm vegetarian :) I can vouch for the palak paneer though!

Well ask for the lineage of the vegetables cruelly slaughtered for your meal and we may yet agree?:)

Good things about ba..

1..its BA..its exotic,,,, at first glance
2..its odd, simple things can prove to be a hassle..enjoy it or leave.
3..the local grub( refer to 2)
4.Fast thinking, our thought train cannot match an argentines'...they are always trying to get one over, play the game of houses (ref robert jordan wheel of time)
and this gets really funny.
5.Best coffee mixes ever....beats italy hands down
6.Any meat type "a la pizza" gotta love meat,passata n cheese.
7.Peanuts (monkey nuts) served in shell.
8. Perseverance
9.Old Portenos..always willing to chat n lived through everything.
10.Airport costs less than 20 euro to get to, leave if its your choice...I did....but always remember that it was your decision in the first place to go live in ba..

Back