The New Head Of Banco Nacion

So, Macri`s way of making politics is all about to look like cool and nice, he spend a lot of money in marketing and yellow ballons, however, politics are something else.

The ks dont use any propaganda tools or tactics?!

FPT, cadena nacional, the naming of dams and cultural centres etc, the campora, public tv, Pakapaka, spray painting messages and threats on public and private property etc and etc...

Of course macri has his tactics and PR but have some balance. Why would trying to portray yourself as the happy inclusive party be any worse than portraying yourself as the revolutionary , confrontational , dismissive party? And who really cares about balloons? Theyre just balloons. No one died as they were released from the netting above their heads. He could have filled thousands of them with anthrax , written with 'stamp on me jaja' and released them over buenos aires especially over primary schools like an especially twisted argentine Joker. But he didnt.

Some of what you say makes sense but it gets lost for your utter bias to the ks.

No, common people voted for him.
That is why he spend so much money in marketing and he prefer to talk about hapiness and yellow ballons.

Expreme right is defined by racism, nationalism and autoritarism.
I already show how Macri enacted a category for the tango contest where you had to be a "pure" porteño.

To qualify for the tango world cup representing Buenos Aires. As I've been here over 2 years I could enter that category too.
What about the other provinces, do they have similar restrictions for their qualification competition?

Today I learned I'm a pure porteno. :lol:

Ben, with all my respect, most of the disagreements we have are regarding culture.
There are 2 juridic systems: roman and common law. The rules are completely different.

BS. This is a red a herring as ever I've seen thrown.

France is not a common law country last time I checked.

It has it's share of lunacy - but politics like here? An outgoing president acting like this? You gotta be kidding me.

In the continental law, also known as roman law, the election (to win it) is an incomplete juridic situation that needs for the ceremony at the Congress and later oath to start having legal consequenses. This is called perfeccionamiento del acto juridico.

How is this different than the common-law process? Barack Obama was elected on 5 November. Until 20 January 2009 he was a nobody. Except somebody who is about to become President. And therefore all issues from withdrawal from Iraq and the financial crisis at the time, he had a seat at the table. On some things he understandably preferred to demur, saying he's not President yet, and leave Bush to deal with it. That's fine. That he not be consulted would not be.

This is not about common law. This is about common courtesy and common sense.

Macri is not the President since the 10th of dezember. In fact, he might not be and the Vice President can become the President. That is why Macri is putting so much presure to gat a declaration of non guilty before the 10th in the criminal case of the illegal phone tapping.

This is what you are not understanding and what confuses you and other members of this forum. The whole fight is regarding law.

Yes, that is true. It is a peculiar function of the civil law that a person about to take the oath of office would like to do so without criminal charges hanging over him, and people like you slinging mud at him over it. That has something to do with civil/common law.

Really?

Besides that, it is not true that in other countries politicians are gentelmen because as far as I remember, Obama had a similar situation when the opposition paralized the budget and they almost closed the administration of the wholes country, remember?
http://www.elmundo.e...8a6b8b459a.html

Right, because I said that politics never gets messy... um, no, I never said that. That said, comparing a showdown over the issue of the century, between two duly elected sides in the middle of their session, is not exactly the same as a transition process where you are leaving, you just get to do it with class.

(And BTW - as far as the example goes let's see. In America it didn't quite work: they threatened to shut down the govt, Obama dared them to do so, they did, Obama shamed them into backing down with basically none of their objectives attained. Normal place.

Here you have sane people like you defending the nuttiest of the nutty - and crass, and antidemocratic - rather than say "Look, I really don't like Macri's past, I don't have high hopes for his future, but I agree that CFK is way out of line on this issue". Here, lots of sane people don't say that. That's crazy.)

I remeber you that this is the Congress after the election:
http://www.lanacion....-en-tiempo-real

And at the senators it is even worst for Macri because the FPV has their own quorum.

Great. So have at it on December 11th. That's politics.

If Macri can take his case to the people and get clear public support, members of Congress will be forced to support him (or not oppose him quite as badly) or risk losing their seats in the next election. Otherwise, Macri will have to moderate his legislative agenda to what he can get done.

But the inaugural is Macri's day. And CFK's crass, vindictive, self-centred, ungracious act is doing nobody any favors.

So, Macri`s way of making politics is all about to look like cool and nice, he spend a lot of money in marketing and yellow ballons, however, politics are something else.

Huh?

You can not like Macri and still be rational about it. Being media savvy is being media savvy. It has nothing to do with the transition issue at hand.

Again - you are living proof that Argentine politics makes sane people delusional.

Oh dear.
Doc, please help to soothe my fevered brow.
Are you seriously suggesting that Macri might not in fact become president next Thursday?
Are you saying that, unless he gets a not guilty verdict in the phone tapping case he may in fact be barred from becoming president?
Are you also saying that a trial is taking place before next Thursday?

This is what happend with Luis Patti, you know that right?

Back