The Next Currency Crisis-Any predictions?

bsas said:
I've spent countless hours questioning why a country as rich as this can't seem to get it right. So it brings me no satisfaction to see it in crisis.
Universities worldwide have courses in organisation. In Argentina the subject of the corresponding courses is disorganisation. So there!

If any of you are interested in a great book on the crisis that might help you understand a lot about the Argentine economy, I have to recommend this book that I just read.

And the Money Kept Rolling In (and Out): Wall Street, the IMF, and the Bankrupting of Argentina
http://www.amazon.com/Money-Kept-Rolling-Out-Bankrupting/dp/1586482459

It is available on Kindle, or you can get the free Kindle app and download it. Although the more technical parts might not be as interesting for a non-economist type, it gives a great grounding and is a fast-paced read.

perry said:
I predict in two years that Buenos Aires will be one of the most expensive cities in the world like it has been twice in the last 100 years . There is a snowflakes chance in hell that Argentina will have a major crisis soon as the current world situation is extremely favourable to Argentina.

Since 2005 we have been hearing news on this site about an impeding economic crash in Argentina by the likes of Gouchobob and Co . His predictions have been so off the mark that to bet the complete opposite is a sure win .

I have not made any economic predictions in the last years that have been proven wrong . Please check my over 1000 posts and you will see a clear pattern in my writings.

Since 2008 I have written about the impending economic crash in th USA and now it is in freefall . Very soon the US dollar will implode and those who keep dollars will be like many Argentinians in 2001 on the street .

Currency collapses have happened numerous times through the 20th century and many civilised societies including Germany , Greece, Brazil, Argentina , Malaysia etc etc have suffered their effects.

Be aware and prepared for the inevitable.

Well at least you are consistent. You keep making the same predictions and none of them have ever come true.

Staszekfc said:
Perry, why would the USD implode?

Would China allow this to happen?

I don't think that China would let it implode, but China has been saying that the world should go away from the US Dollar. And considering that China's economy is supposed to pass the US's in 2020 and they have boatloads of US debt, I think that they are in a position of power.

But yes, it is not to their advantage to let the US dollar "implode"... yet.

Lots of predictions thrown around here, problem is no one really knows. For what its worth, I tend to agree with Napoleon that even if Argentina takes a hit in the next few years it will be not reach the same scale as 2000. Argentina isn't indebted and handcuffed to 1:1 as they were before. Debt increases fragility 1000x. Nassim Taleb talk alot about this.

If any of you guys are always right like your claiming you should be buying options.

Staszekfc said:
... why would the USD implode?
because the US is de facto bankrupt, not only the federation but also many individual states and cities.

Staszekfc said:
Would China allow this to happen?
Yes. China is moving from the US$ to other currencies (including the still unstable Euro), but they need more time to reinvest.

---> Dollar Collapse Will Bring Down U.S. Empire

Not a matter of why but a matter of when......2011-2012 perhaps?

Gosh!...What I'm going to do with all my U.S dollars encanutados?

Buenos Aires slang
"ENCANUTAR": to save, to protect (Roberto has the U.S. dollars 'encanutados' in his bed pipes)

Why did investors all over the world buy US subprime packets which have gone bust?

Guess the people who bought these papers were not as well informed as some on this forum.

Back