The produce in Argentina is bad. Why?

Has anyone heard anything about the return of these organic ferias? It seems like they have been on vacation an awfully long time.

The city feria organica y sostenible at the parks and plazas should have started the first weekend of March. I check the FB page daily, and still there is no announcement.

I have another option in my neighborhood. Que Comes Cuando Comes (see FB page) provides organic produce that I pick up at a neighborhood club one block from my apartment. You must confirm your order by Thursday for the products they have available for a set price of $300. They will deliver to your door for another $50 pesos if you live within the limits of Boedo/Bulnes, Corrientes, 9 de Julio y Caseros. Pick up on Friday from 18-20 and Saturday from 10-14 hs. Today's order includes the following: 1 kg de peras, 1 kg de bananas, 1 y 1/2 entre berenjena, zapallito, morrón, choclo y/o palta, 1 anco, 1 atado de acelga o kale, 1 atado de ciboulette, y 1/4 kg de lechuga. (Puede que algún producto no esté disponible o en buen estado al momento de retirar y sea reemplazado por otro similar.)

Hi Jantango! If I may ask, is this your entire weekly food budget or is it just organic food you buy in addition to non-organic? If you eat only organic on this budget where do you go grocery shopping? And, about the weekend ferias mentioned here, are they cheaper than mercado El Galpon and mercado Bonpland?

I was at the address of feria verde de San Telmo at Peru 667 after the holidays just to find them closed, and if I remember correctly it was on their working day. Is it for sure that the feria reopened? Also, if you know, which of the weekend ferias is the most affordable and has not only fresh fruit and veggies but things like organic rice, dried legumes like garbanzo beans, lentils, peas etc. and organic olive or coconut oil?

I have never bought at Galpon or Bonpland so I can't comment on prices. For about three years I have bought organic almost exclusively from Tallo Verde and Schatzi stands at Plaza Sobral in Palermo and Parque Rivadavia in Caballito at the organic fairs. The only other alternative is Sabes la tierra which runs on Wednesdays 10-4 on Enrique Discepolo near Corrientes & Callao. They had a few dates during January and February when the regular ferias were closed for vacation.

I am desperate for organic now, so I placed my first order on the Tallo Verde website last night. There is a $590 minimum and a $100 peso delivery charge. You can pay in cash or by credit card. They deliver in my neighborhood on Saturday and Thursday from 10-12. I ordered plums, lemons, apples, green onions, kale, beets, red cabbage, carrots, and tomatoes. They have many more fruits and vegetables available at their stand on the weekend, but the city seems to have abandoned them.

Schatzi sells beans, rice, and seeds in 3 kilo bags which I buy instead of the small packages. I'm out of oatmeal, chick peas, and lentils. If they don't return to the weekend ferias, there are two sources for their products: Matcha Life, Rodriguez Pena 1336 (Recoleta) and Biomarket on Puerreydon, a block from Las Heras.

I have a half-size refrigerator, so I hope there is space for all the organic produce I will have this weekend from Que comes cuando comes and Tallo Verde.

Last edited:
The feria organica at Parque Rivadavia in Caballito is usually held on the 1st and 3rd Sat/Sun of every month from March thru December.
Currently the park is undergoing a major renovation. I was informed yesterday per TC to Tallo Verde Organico (0-800-888-2556) that the city gov't has yet to confirm the date of the actual opening weekend for 2019. Tallo Verde is waiting for confirmation that it could be on Sat, March 23rd.

I just went to pick up my organic produce order from Que Comes Cuando Comes. This is the list of today's harvest from the farm: bunch of chard (acelga), head of lettuce, bunch of leeks (puero), butternut squash (arco), bunch of cibolette, 6 pears, 7 red apples, 5 zapallitos, a large egg plant (berenjena), 3 green peppers (morron) -- all for about $8USD.

Tomorrow my order from Tallo Verde in Lujan is delivered to my door in the morning.

Tallo Verde delivery arrived at my door at 10am today with my order in a large box covered in plastic with printout of what I ordered. I could have paid with a debit card, but I had the cash in hand. I am well stocked now with 6 white onions, 7 purple plums, 6 lemons, 6 beetroots, 3 round tomatoes, 6 green onions, 15 stems of green kale, 7 red apples, a head of red cabbage, and five carrots.

The total cost of my two orders was 1,003ARS which is $28USD. And all the produce is organic and just harvested.

I got a message today from one of the vendors of the feria organica & sostenible that they will be at PARQUE RIVADAVIA, Rivadavia 4900 in Caballito on Saturday, March 23 from 9 to 17 hrs. Tallo Verde sells organic produce. Schatzi sells organic beans, grains, and seeds.

When you go to the central market, then you realize that some verdulerias buy the cheapest possible quality but they sell it very expensive. Find a better place or go to the central market on Saturday at 9.if you plan to go, let me know and I draw a map because depending on the isle is the quality.

I got a message today from one of the vendors of the feria organica & sostenible that they will be at PARQUE RIVADAVIA, Rivadavia 4900 in Caballito on Saturday, March 23 from 9 to 17 hrs. Tallo Verde sells organic produce. Schatzi sells organic beans, grains, and seeds.

I shopped at the feria organica yesterday in Parque Rivadavia. The fair is set to function EVERY Saturday from 9:00-5:00.
Tallo Verde will be the only vendor to participate every Sat at this park. The rest of the sellers will rotate every other Sat between this location and the one in Palermo. This is due to an agreement reached between the city gov't and MAPO.... http://www.mapo.org.ar/ferias-organ...to-barrial-de-la-ciudad-de-buenos-aires-fiab/

A new produce vendor was added to the fair in Caballito.....http://brandzenbio.com.ar/wordpress/
I chatted with the owners.They are located in Brandsen. No delivery service in CABA. I purchased from them as well as from the other two fruit/vegetable stalls. Very satisfied with what I bought !

Tallo Verde has the staff to handle two locations on Saturday and Sunday. They were set up in Plaza Sobral in Palermo yesterday. This schedule change came from the city, not the vendors. Schatzi is staffed by one woman, Odulia, who told me she will be at Plaza Sobral next Saturday. Her customers in Palermo have to wait another week to buy grains, beans, and seeds. Yesterday the owner of Schatzi Ricardo Fechser was there for the first time helping her out. I had the opportunity to speak with him and thank him for distributing the organic products he gathers from suppliers around the country to sell in the city.

Tallo Verde has accepted debit cards for some time, but Schatzi just started accepting them yesterday. I easily spend a thousand pesos every Saturday and prefer not to carry cash anymore.

MAPO Organicos Argentinos have posted the schedule for the weekend that includes new locations. Hours are 9 - 5pm

Fri 29 - Tribunales - Plaza Lavalle* (across from Teatro Colon) between Talcahuano and Libertad, and in Belgrano - Arcos 2665
Sat 30 - Plaza Sobral* (Las Heras & Salguero) Palermo, and Parque Rivadavia, Caballito
Sun 31 - Devoto - Plaza Arenales, and Recoleta Mall - Vicente Lopez 2050

* = Schatzi will have a stand at these locations with grains, beans, and seeds.
Morning showers in the forecast for Friday and Saturday mornings.

Que Comes Cuando Comes has expanded to several new distribution points on Friday and Saturday with organic produce:

☸Pichincha 674, viernes de 18 a 20 y sábado de 10 a 14hs.
☸Av. Victorica 2642, Parque Chas; Sábado de 10 a 13hs
☸General Güemes 3253, Vicente López; sábado de 10 a 13hs
☸Parral 3912, San Justo; Sábado de 18 a 20hs
☸Filiberto 223, Lomas de Zamora; sábado de 16 a 18hs

Hacemos envíos a domicilio los sábados, en CABA y Zona Norte. ($100).

Six kilos of fresh produce for 350ARS.
Reserve your order before Thursday so they can calculate quantities.

Back