The Real Macri:

I'm still waiting for someone to say something good about Macri? Oh yea, he's not Cristina, is that the best the expat's think tank can do? Exactly how is he going to stop inflation and who is going to suffer the consequences of his plan? Ay, there's the rub...makes us rather bear those ills we have than fly to others we know not of?

So you are saying stopping inflation always leads to bad consequences or what is the point of your statement?

I'm still waiting for someone to say something good about Macri? Oh yea, he's not Cristina, is that the best the expat's think tank can do?

Well, I guess that's a start, but neither is Scioli (though he's become a clone).

You answer a question with another question. Does anyone have an answer to the question how is Macri going to end inflation?

You answer a question with another question. Does anyone have an answer to the question how is Macri going to end inflation?
Do you have problems reading?? Which part about Macri being more business friendly did you not understand?? Have a look at the situation Venezuela is currently facing and tell me if it looks good - that is the model Cristina wishes for Argentina. Food shortages, Government controls, Jail for those who speak out, Military rule etc.

The road to getting Argentina back into the world capital markets and opening up the borders and breaking down the anti-business mentality she has created will take a lot of time. She has spent the majority of savings from Argentine people on supplying the kool-aid (aka free shit) to a select few. The Government kitty is running low and when Macri has to start making cuts to programs and inefficiencies that have been going too long there will likely be a much needed correction to both the exchange rate and economy. People will blame him even though the problems were created during Cristina and Nestors time in office. Drug addicts don't appreciate the withdrawal process but in the long run it is good for them. The same applies here. If Argentina is to grow and become a more stable country it needs to start behaving like an adult stop expecting to receive stuff for free and refuse to uphold the financial commitments it makes.

Being Honest?

I quote Sturzenneger: "Duran Barba told me: "When you are in government do what you think is right, but do not say it in the middle of a debate"";

No hay peor ciego que el que no quiere ver.

Who is Jaime Duran Barba the Ecuadorian image advisor of Mauricio Macri..?... Read Wikipedia....!! below

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Dur%C3%A1n_Barba

Less money printed to dole out Free Shit means less inflation - as simple as that!

OK, now we're getting somewhere. Then where is he going to start cutting federal spending?

I don't think anyone here thinks that any non-corrupt politician will be elected into most any office of any importance here. The problem with Cristina's policies is that they depend on too many things that Argentina doesn't have or can't always depend on (some kind of money source, for example, that they can always count on to fund their social programs) and make running businesses here difficult propositions. Anything that can actually stimulate business may (notice I use a conditional here) make some difference in the economy and therefor opportunities to people who are often in positions that yes, pay something, but don't pay worth crap. Not to mention the fact that what they earn decreases due to the incessant printing of money and manipulations that go on to try to maintain some sort of short-term viability for policies that just can't work in the current environment and probably never could in real life anyway.

In order to really make things better, people have to get off this anti-business thinking. It is hindering the development of Argentina. Governments do not create wealth. They have nothing to sell. Printing money doesn't make it so if it is being printed beyond the actual output value of the country. It is "free shit" and it is worth about what free shit is actually worth - shit.

I have little doubt Macri is as corrupt in his ways as Cristina is in hers. Anything he does will probably have minimal effect overall, though, because the fundamental problem comes from the mistaken belief that you can force everything by law to be what you want it to be. The people themselves accept the corruption, accept the fact that businesses and employees game the system while the politicians lord it over them and take their cut of what commerce comes about. The labor laws alone, in an attempt to force things to be fair, are horrible for business and employees alike. They heavily favor the employee because the rich here have tried to take advantage of the workers without a desire to share any of the wealth, which is a huge mistake. but obviously these laws haven't fixed anything and have caused serious issues - yet everyone here is certain that these laws are a good thing.

So I suppose that many don't necessarily respect Macri or think that he's an honest guy who is going to set thing aright, but yeah, he's not Cristina. He's not Menem either, no matter what scare tactics are used to portray him like that. He may turn out to screw things up royally as well, but look what we've got now anyway.

And cutting federal spending isn't wholly likely in my opinion, which is why I think he'll probably have minimal impact overall. This culture is too "in" to their free shit (without the ability to pay for it) and this has to come from the bottom up for the possibility of any real changes.

Also, don't forget that even if Macri were to win - what's the congress and supreme court going to look like? Even if he does get in, I think it likely a lot of FpV candidates will remain and Macri won't have the power that Cristina has. but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea to have someone in office that follows Cristina's policies - wouldn't it be nice to have someone in office to offset that?

Where are all those "puritans" that complained anout the lies of INDEC now that MaKri openly lies to get votes cheating voters.

So someone changing his positions - which may or may not be genuine - is the same as firing the head of an age-old and respected statistics institution and completely cooking numbers. OK.

===

UPDATE: Not to mention that we are actually discussing "flipping" on exactly one position - as applied to two companies - and that it's debatable exactly how much of a flip-flop that is.

There is a difference between nationalizing/confiscating already private companies - on terms which are sure to spook businesses investing here decades forward, and which are sure to dissuade foreign investment here unless done on more onerous terms for Argentina and better ones for the companies, creating/furthering a vicious cycle - and accepting a fait accompli rather than rush to reverse it at any cost. And again, given the precedent that's been created, that cost is more than likely to be quite high: any sane company would need a really sweet deal to take on the proven risk.

So it can be strongly debated even how much of a flip-flop this actually is - if this is the best that can be done and is worth invoking the K government's shameless and undeniable actual lying and number cooking - then yeah.

Less money printed to dole out Free Shit means less inflation - as simple as that!

Not 100% true.

The UK multiplied per five its monetary base without inflation.
The US per three
Japan per three as well

all cases without inflation

Back