The Secrets to Thriving in Argentina.....

Precisely. Precisely!!

Nobody at home can possibly understand. They can't understand that parallel universes exist. How could they?
Oh, and you would not believe some of the questions I have been asked by some very intelligent people. It boggles the mind how someone so intelligent can be so blind and unaware of what lies beyond their line of sight, let alone intentional border.

It's at the point that I have given up trying to share or explain anything to anyone about what lies beyond. I keep it for myself.

Biggest advice I can give:

Lower your expectations.

I think the OP has a great positive, curious attitude that will serve him well in Argentina and beyond.

Lot's of great advice on how to take advantage of living well here.

If you haven't lived in a developing country for an extended amount of time you need to prepared for the negatives as well. They used to frustrate and bother me, but I've come to accept them. Gotta take the good with the bad as the cliche goes.

I think the OP has a great positive, curious attitude that will serve him well in Argentina and beyond.

Lot's of great advice on how to take advantage of living well here.

If you haven't lived in a developing country for an extended amount of time you need to prepared for the negatives as well. They used to frustrate and bother me, but I've come to accept them. Gotta take the good with the bad as the cliche goes.

I remember when I had that attitude too. It lasted about a year. I'm even an adventurous person, I've been around the world mainly in third world countries (but I admit I never having lived permanently abroad) and I was stoked to come here.

The covid and all other problems in argentina don't help me stay positive.

I remember when I had that attitude too. It lasted about a year. I'm even an adventurous person, I've been around the world without big funding or a schedule (but never having lived permanently abroad) and I was stoked to come here.

Understandable, it's been tough...

What are your secrets to thriving in Argentina?

11 dogs 1 cat and a tortoise......and most important of all an Argentine wife who knows all the dodges. To be totally honest if I wasn't married I wouldn't be able to hack it here.

I use a brush, not a comb, and find that, in Argentina, I can buy a world quality handmade hairbrush for about a quarter of what it costs in the US or Europe. But only if I spend the time to find the right place to buy it- in this case, El Rey de Cepillo. If I go to Farmacity, I get the same cheap chinese plastic crap you are talking about.
My guess is there is a high quality Argentine comb, made in a family owned factory, but you have to go to a store run by a little old lady, who pulls it out of a 40 year old cardboard box on the top shelf behind the counter.
Actually, you made me wonder. Just went and checked. I think I did buy it from a pharmacy. It proudly has embossed "Industria Argentina". Maybe they outsource to China though,

What's a good price for once a week?
And basic Netflix in Argentina costs ARS 199/mo. A couple USD. Of course, you’ll be out all the time, but it’s good to know you can binge Ozark when you’ve a mind to.

Attachments

• E009A416-1C8F-4DC3-A6C4-931F23B1B132.jpeg
    E009A416-1C8F-4DC3-A6C4-931F23B1B132.jpeg
    630.2 KB · Views: 4
I remember when I had that attitude too. It lasted about a year. I'm even an adventurous person, I've been around the world mainly in third world countries (but I admit I never having lived permanently abroad) and I was stoked to come here.

1. If Covid is still a huge issue when I plan on leaving the US (around July) then I would go elsewhere, likely SE Asia.

2. If I truly give it my best shot and don't enjoy it after two months I'll go elsewhere. Nothing would be keeping me in BsAs

Back