The Truth

I completely disagree with Lee. And...there are plenty of us on this site that have our own businesses here.

Creativeness and a willingness to actually put in the time can go very far.

However, that being said, I could not recommend more running businesses that can be run in 'black'.

joelie said:
I think it is less brazen here in Argentina than in many, many other parts of the world. Here they still provide infrastructure, street lighting, garbage delivery, paved roads, piped water etc. etc. even if they steal from the people at the same time. In some places, the ruling class/politicians live like the wealthiest people in the world and steal from people who are literally starving to death. I don't see that a large portion of the population here in Argentina is starving to death (nor goes through a yearly cycle of weight loss and gain based on harvest times).

There are no paved roads in my villa (but they are graded as often as necessary). Street lights are plentiful (one was even installed in front of my property last year at a cost to me of $150 pesos). No one around here looks like they are starving.

But there is no garbage delivery, thank God (just pickup for $8 pesos per month).

BAFinance said:
I completely disagree with Lee. And...there are plenty of us on this site that have our own businesses here.

Creativeness and a willingness to actually put in the time can go very far.

However, that being said, I could not recommend more running businesses that can be run in 'black'.
Speaking of which, when can we expect our favorite products from home delivered to our door?

PhilipDT said:
Speaking of which, when can we expect our favorite products from home delivered to our door?

It's coming along! Not as fast as I would have hoped but only robberies happen faster than than expected. The major hangups have been worked out however!

Gringoboy said:
I'm still on holiday in the UK (holiday in my own country FFS!) and believe me, it's no longer easy to run a small business over here. True, the start up beurocracy is almost tramite free unlike in Arg, but the running costs are almost prohibitive.
I run a small PC shop in Olivos which is going well, but it certainly wouldn't survive 5 mins in UK as you just can't compete with the big corps like PC World etc, not to mention the supermarkets.
I completely disagree with the main point; you can be an entrepreneur and succeed in Argentina, it just needs a different mindset and some imagination.

As I'm working remotely for a London-based tech startup, where I also happen to be one of cofounders, I can agree with you. Though our main expenses are servers (AWS mostly) and our own salaries + of contractors we hire from time to time, the UK has gotten really tough when it comes to running a business.

With rest of OP's post I pretty much agree too

Lee said:
This country is not going to change. It is perfect according to plan. Those in power / those with money do not want change. They have a great life. They don't work...others work for them. They don't worry about money...they have old money and that is all they need.

This country is a joke for those of us from 1st world countries who are used to the concept that working can get you ahead. That concept doesn't exist here. It is not encouraged by design. If you buck the system you will soon find out that it is not wanted.

The ruling class has fooled the the population. They have everything and they will give them shit but shit is better than nothing.

They can afford to fly to Miami a few times a year for electronics (plus the free vacation). Import taxes be damned!

This country is a joke and will always be. It is controlled by a class that is enjoying their money and they do NOT want any progress of it's people at all.

I am so sad for them. The them is the majority of people who are maids and servants to these freaks.
The majority of Americans work in customer service making minimum wage. This country also lacks adequate healthcare and infrastructure, and there's huge debate toward cutting off welfare and social security. This is also the same country where the avg citizen only gets 12-14 days of vacation while other countries get as high as 42 days. And yes, the rich do avoid paying their taxes. It's preposterous to say otherwise.

People in this country also don't work hard. I'm in Oklahoma. This state was created after the natives were herded into reservations and the remaining land was given free to European immigrants.

Sadly, your post applies to the U.S. as well in a huge way.

Driftline said:
The majority of Americans work in customer service making minimum wage. This country also lacks adequate healthcare and infrastructure, and there's huge debate toward cutting off welfare and social security. This is also the same country where the avg citizen only gets 12-14 days of vacation while other countries get as high as 42 days. And yes, the rich do avoid paying their taxes. It's preposterous to say otherwise.

People in this country also don't work hard. I'm in Oklahoma. This state was created after the natives were herded into reservations and the remaining land was given free to European immigrants.

Sadly, your post applies to the U.S. as well in a huge way.

Your in Oklahoma right, you should spend some time in Argentina or any country in Latin America, then you will see how good you've got it and will realize how silly your statements are.

Lee said:
]
I am so sad for them. The them is the majority of people who are maids and servants to these freaks.

How condescending :confused::confused::confused: how do you know they dont feel sad for u brah?;

Back