The worst pizza in the world?

Why you want the pizza to be so large that you have to fold it? That will be a sandwich thus changing the initial taste. In the US pizza lacks of cheese, unless you ask for more cheese of course but again how much you end up paying? Domino's recently change their recipe, got better now, but used to be a piece of dry carboard with little or no cheese ( no taste cheese) and some "pencil drawn" greasy pepperoni tossed on. Why not throwing some slices of salamines de Colonia Caroya with queso cremoso ( not tasteless plastic muzzarella) of good quality? Mozzarella cheese is not good on taste, you have to use "cremoso" or "por salut" Sancor http://www.quesabores.com/Maestros-Quesos.aspx.

American Pizza - Seymour Hoffman clip from the movie 'Along Came Polly' its spot on >click<
laughing.gif

sergio said:
Once in awhile you find decent medialunas here. AROMA used to have very good ones. They actually seemed to use butter (absent from most baked goods here). Not sure if Aroma's medialunas are still good. Maybe someone can update me. I am not surprised that your wife disliked French croissants. People get used to what they know and often hold up their lifetime or childhood food experience as the model. I remember someone telling me how he hated real maple syrup. He was used to the gloppy chemical version most Americans eat, so the natural light syrup that comes out of a tree was distasteful to him! Argentines are very conventional people, disinclined to try new things. They tend to be stubborn when it comes to the way they do things, resist adopting more efficient methods. When it comes to food they are the same way. They go to a good restaurant and what do they order -- a MILANESA! I know an Argentine in the US who after fifteen years still refuses to eat seafood. He lives in an area where they have fresh lobster but he has never tried one! What I find really amazing is how many Porteños think Americans know NOTHING about food. I ask them what restaurants they ate at in New York and they tell me McDonald's! It's a narrow mindset I'm afraid.
Amazing media lunas, these days I am not vegan, and this is why, Sissi, the secret cafe hidden in Villa Urquiza, French Croissants, they melt in your mouth, she uses real ingredients, they a simple menu, delicious bread.

Argentine's are quite proud of their pizza and medialunas! My brother in law was telling me how the croissants in Spain were different and I was thinking "yea, true! the ones in Spain are a lot better"... but he surprised me and said "the ones from here are mucho mejor!" :rolleyes: A matter of acquired tastes, I suppose!

As for the pizza, I like Argentine pizza. No, it's not the same as New York style or Chicago pizza, but I like it. I eat pizza with a fork and knife here... :D something I never did in the States.

Great, now I'm hungry for pizza. :p

CarverFan said:
I have Argentina to thank for the fact that I can now make a pretty good pizza from scratch.

Always there is a positive side of everything. :)

Eclair said:
Argentine's are quite proud of their pizza and medialunas! ...

Easier to just say "Argentines are quite proud of their _____" and the rest is just details. Even the dog shit covering the sidewalks is something to be proud of.
If there is a greater place in the universe god is saving it for himself.

Eclair said:
Argentine's are quite proud of their pizza and medialunas! My brother in law was telling me how the croissants in Spain were different and I was thinking "yea, true! the ones in Spain are a lot better"... but he surprised me and said "the ones from here are mucho mejor!" :rolleyes: A matter of acquired tastes, I suppose!

As for the pizza, I like Argentine pizza. No, it's not the same as New York style or Chicago pizza, but I like it. I eat pizza with a fork and knife here... :D something I never did in the States.

Great, now I'm hungry for pizza. :p

When you grow up with low standards, low standards become the norm. I know Argentines who think they know what good Italian food is. Pathetic. I suppose if they were to go to Italy (few have) they'd think the food was inferior there.

Too much pride is not a good thing and unfortunately too many porteños are too proud for their own good . There is a famous saying that applies to the locals of Buenos Aires I believe that was coined by Borges . The human ego is the little argentinian in us all:D

They are not willing to listen to other people and lack humbleness that is one of characteristics that I respect the most in people .

People in Tucuman, Santiago de Estero, Mendoza , and most of the northern provinces are more dignified in their character and with a natural class that makes them a more attractive people

Back