They are selling off La Patagonia...and cheap

Lucas

Registered
Grab a piece of land or whatever you can lay your hands on before all gone....go West young man - sorry South - The race is now officially on and open for all....last opportunity for opportunist...well, maybe not.

En la Patagonia están de liquidación
Over four hundred Real State agents gathered at the Hotel Llao Llao to discuss how to sell the land in the south in times of crisis. The downside is the housing emergency in Bariloche. The meeting was repudiated by civil society organizations.
 
Lucas said:
Grab a piece of land or whatever you can lay your hands on before all gone....go West young man - sorry South - The race is now officially on and open for all....last opportunity for opportunist...well, maybe not.

En la Patagonia están de liquidación
Over four hundred Real State agents gathered at the Hotel Llao Llao to discuss how to sell the land in the south in times of crisis. The downside is the housing emergency in Bariloche. The meeting was repudiated by civil society organizations.

Lucas,

With all due respect, many foreigners have purchased land in the area that you are talking about only to lose their money. It is very difficult for foreigners to get TITLE in certain areas. Much caution is needed for any foreigner.
 

Lucas

Registered
Recoleta Carolina said:
Lucas,

With all due respect, many foreigners have purchased land in the area that you are talking about only to lose their money. It is very difficult for foreigners to get TITLE in certain areas. Much caution is needed for any foreigner.
Indeed caution is paramount here but if John Travolta, Benetton, Jane Fonda ex-husband Ted Turner and heaps of others invested in Patagonia why cannot you?...always still Soulskier living down there for some intelligent and wise advice.
 

diego7david

Registered
dont forget that a lot of patagonian land is almost barren wind swept, dry, treeless, EMPtY land. not all of it looks like the beauty around bariloche. it reminds me of easterners in the usa buying retirement plots in the barren streches of arizona or texas. you can still fly over many areas in sw usa and see the street cuts for developments that never were built. i have a friend, a native argentine, who has an 11,000 hectare estancia in patagonia and can only run something like five sheep per hectare. its not a very beautiful or lush place to live. while ive never been to siberia, it fit my mental conception of what parts of siberia could look like. plus, there are no starbucks nearby........smile. this is not to say that there arent pieces of land in patagonia that offer some of the worlds most beautiful views. these certainly seem desireable if you have money to burn or plan on moving there. some of the rumors involving large land purchases revolves around future underground water rights of whole watershed areas, rather than homesteading, something purchasing one lot wont yield.
 

soulskier

Registered
Recoleta Carolina said:
Lucas,

With all due respect, many foreigners have purchased land in the area that you are talking about only to lose their money. It is very difficult for foreigners to get TITLE in certain areas. Much caution is needed for any foreigner.
RC, that is simply not true about foreigners not being able to purchase property and/or losing money. Don't believe everything you read on the Escape Artist or by Doug Harris, it is not true.

I am here full time and know what is really happening. We have had 5 friends get title in the last year alone. Furthermore, there was a new resolution just passed that makes the approval of Zona de Seguridad automatic. You can read more about it at http://livinginpatagonia.com/?p=1912

In short, if a foreigner wants to purchase less than 5000 meters, the process is now automatic.
 

diego7david

Registered
argentinian patagonia lies in the shadow of the extremely volcanic, earthquake prone, andes mountains. i believe one or two chilean volcanos of the 2000 or so potential volcanos are erupting at this very time. spewing tons of ash eastwards over some parts of patagonia. i imagine land around there is quite cheap now. the airport at bariloche was closed last year for a while due to ash. and if another one erupts, you will probably be able to find more bargains. i believe chilean patagonia holds the record for the worlds strongest earthquake recorded in 1960, a 9.5. mendoza, while north of patagonia, was totally destroyed by an earthquake when the spanish ruled, and recently had a 5.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_volcanoes_in_Chile
What is the strongest earthquake measured?

The strongest earthquake took place in Chile on May 22, 1960. It measured 9.5 on the Richter scale, which is used by seismologists (scientists who study earthquakes) to determine the magnitude of earthquakes. The Richter scale was named after American seismologist Charles Richter (1900– ). The scale has graded steps beginning with 1 and ending with 10. Each step
 

soulskier

Registered
diego7david said:
argentinian patagonia lies in the shadow of the extremely volcanic, earthquake prone, andes mountains. i believe one or two chilean volcanos of the 2000 or so potential volcanos are erupting at this very time. spewing tons of ash eastwards over some parts of patagonia. i imagine land around there is quite cheap now. the airport at bariloche was closed last year for a while due to ash. and if another one erupts, you will probably be able to find more bargains. i believe chilean patagonia holds the record for the worlds strongest earthquake recorded in 1960, a 9.5. mendoza, while north of patagonia, was totally destroyed by an earthquake when the spanish ruled, and recently had a 5.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_volcanoes_in_Chile
What is the strongest earthquake measured?

The strongest earthquake took place in Chile on May 22, 1960. It measured 9.5 on the Richter scale, which is used by seismologists (scientists who study earthquakes) to determine the magnitude of earthquakes. The Richter scale was named after American seismologist Charles Richter (1900– ). The scale has graded steps beginning with 1 and ending with 10. Each step
I wouldn't hold your breath about a volcano lowering Bariloche prices.
 

perry

Registered
Prices of land have dropped in the Patagonia region and how could they not with the world wide crisis. I have many contacts that work directly in Bariloche and they say Business is very slow .

Remember with Land it is only worth something if there is a asset that you can sell of it . The best of course is Soya and then other foodstuffs. Most Patagonia land does not have this benefit but some huge blocks have excellent water reservoirs that will be a great investment in years to come.
 

soulskier

Registered
Pericles, we manage private homes outside Bariloche and reservations continue to be strong. We have not felt the effects of a slowing economy, toque madera.
 

perry

Registered
soulskier said:
Pericles, we manage private homes outside Bariloche and reservations continue to be strong. We have not felt the effects of a slowing economy, toque madera.

The topic I believe Soulskier is Patagonian Land not tourism . The truth is that sales are down as per all records.
 
Top