They are selling off La Patagonia...and cheap

Soulskier,

I read your wife's article and it seems to me that she contradicts some of the comments that you have made. Even if I am mistaken, it seems that you guys are in the business of "helping foreigners" with all their needs from title, to visas, lawyers, notaries, etc. That is why you never really contribute on this forum with the exception to advertise your real estate. Because all of your "information" comes at a price. You don't share with anyone......okay, well, maybe a mate.:)

I also notice that there is no date on your wife's article. I am always suspect when people do not put a date on their writings.

Anyway, with regard to real estate the market is loaded with properties for sale. The reason why there are so many properties on the market is because people have not yet come down on their price. But, they will. The only people who would pay today's prices would have to be tourists/foreigners.

Last, but not least, because I am done with this topic, I have never said that EVERYONE who buys in Bariloche gets screwed. I only said that some people have and a foreigner really has to be careful. What is wrong with that advice??? To an honest person that is good advice.

I know a lady who purchased a lakefront house in Bariloche around 2 years ago for US$250,000. That is the real value of those houses unless they are brand new and totally renovated. But, my friend had family in Bariloche that helped her out for free. Should I decide to buy a house in Bariloche I will utilize my friend's services.

Chau

Recoleta Carolina said:
Soulskier,

I read your wife's article and it seems to me that she contradicts some of the comments that you have made. Even if I am mistaken, it seems that you guys are in the business of "helping foreigners" with all their needs from title, to visas, lawyers, notaries, etc. That is why you never really contribute on this forum with the exception to advertise your real estate. Because all of your "information" comes at a price. You don't share with anyone......okay, well, maybe a mate.:)

I also notice that there is no date on your wife's article. I am always suspect when people do not put a date on their writings.

Anyway, with regard to real estate the market is loaded with properties for sale. The reason why there are so many properties on the market is because people have not yet come down on their price. But, they will. The only people who would pay today's prices would have to be tourists/foreigners.

Last, but not least, because I am done with this topic, I have never said that EVERYONE who buys in Bariloche gets screwed. I only said that some people have and a foreigner really has to be careful. What is wrong with that advice??? To an honest person that is good advice.

I know a lady who purchased a lakefront house in Bariloche around 2 years ago for US$250,000. That is the real value of those houses unless they are brand new and totally renovated. But, my friend had family in Bariloche that helped her out for free. Should I decide to buy a house in Bariloche I will utilize my friend's services.

Chau

I will respond to your points, so estamos en la misma pagina.

For the record, I assist foreigners looking for special properties on a case by case basis. It is by no means my biggest source of income, I do it because I love studying the real estate market here and finding diamonds in the rough.

My wife's writing is June 2008 for Transition's Abroad. I am not sure why the article is not dated.

You are totally wrong that I don't contribute to this forum except to pedal my services. Looks like you have been a member of this board for a whole month.

I also receive lots of emails from people, including board members and respond to all of them. I am happy to help and out and share what we have learned in ARG since 2005.

BTW, I have also bought property in the Zona de Seguridad in Mendoza province.

We agree inventory is high and prices have yet to fall.

No, you didn't say everyone who bought gets screwed, you said
Recoleta Carolina said:
One should NEVER attempt to buy too close to the border with Chile. Perhaps, this changes a bit in Rio Negro. I am not sure. But, I have heard of lots of foreigners who did buy in Rio Negro and lost whatever money they had put into the purchase.

I would suggest that anyone who wants to buy only put a very small downpayment until they receive the title. Then, pay the rest.

Since I live here full time and have lots of friends and contacts, none of which have had any issue whatsoever, that seems a little severe, don't ya think?

So since you know someone that bought a lakefront for 250K two years ago, that is what you deem the real value? Did you learn that in appraisal school?

My invitation stands Carolina, hope to see you in Llao Llao soon.

RC, I forgot to ask, your friend in Bariloche that bought the house, assuming she is a foreigner, how did she get the title?

soulskier said:
. . . . As far as our investment visa, I would be happy to share that information with anyone interested. . . .
I'm interested. Would you be so kind as to post the information in this or a new thread, SS?

Thanks!

RWS said:
I'm interested. Would you be so kind as to post the information in this or a new thread, SS?

Thanks!

I started a new thread under Expat Life. Saludos, SS

An update to confirm that for lot sizes under 5000 meters and not for commercial purposes, foreigners are now getting automatic approval for zona de seguridad clearance.

We signed our title a couple weeks ago and now are the proud owners of an amazing property that we had been living in for the last 2 years.

With permission for a construction?

Otherwise it seems to me that buying 5000 m2 is pretty worthless

BlahBlah said:
With permission for a construction?

Otherwise it seems to me that buying 5000 m2 is pretty worthless

Yes, it can even have an existing structure or structures. The land just has to be smaller than 5,000 meters (a little more than an acre)

Back