Things Expats Like About Living In Bsas..

I remember when it was nothing but 32 lanes of cement asphalt and concrete 9 years ago.

You must be confused, 9 de Julio always have had beautiful trees, in fact, due to the metrobus, (that I like) Macri chopped down some trees this year.
Besides that, I agree BsAs this time of the year is gorgeous.

The fact that people hold the door open for others, let women leave the elevator first, say Buen Provecho to strangers, don´t sue everybody because the footpath is uneven, walk into a restaurant at 3 am and be welcomed, offer subway seats to old people, don´t have to fill out 364 sheets of safety requirements before crossing the road, don´t have to get absolutely hammered drunk to have a good time, make time for friends and family, arrive late to work and don´t get fired, play sports and tomar sol whenever possible and dance without being self-conscious!

You must be confused, 9 de Julio always have had beautiful trees, in fact, due to the metrobus, (that I like) Macri chopped down some trees this year.
Besides that, I agree BsAs this time of the year is gorgeous.
I am sure. ... Very sure. ... These are new trees. New little trees and new big mature (20 or 30 years old trees). I've seen little young trees being transferred and planted over night (like re-potting a home plant), but never knew that you could do the same to mature big trees. And they are still adding new ones (seems they're still at it .. not done yet).

The complaints about "este pais" and the negativity, though it may be true, is a very Portenho trait to aquire. I hate to generalize but it is not uncommon to hear Argentines bad mouthing the country and expressing their wishes to leave at some point.

What I love most about Argentina are the people, the warmth, how family oriented it is. I love the changing seasons, free concerts, great eating, etc.

What I love most about Argentina are the people, the warmth, how family oriented it is. I love the changing seasons, free concerts, great eating, etc.
ROYAL LONDON BALLET SWAN LAKE .......... para todos.
img.jpg
Vení a disfrutar de la proyección del ballet El Lago de los Cisnes, presentada por Eleonora Cassano y Martín Wullich.
Te esperamos este sábado 5 de octubre a las 19 h en la Plaza Estado del Vaticano, en Cerrito y Tucumán.

Expats are not forced to stay here. They are here by their complete choice. It is NOT as if they were born here. I take it that expats are just documenting their new (unfamiliar) things they experience here. Absolutely does NOT mean they are complaining. It is toooooo obvious why they are still here and putting up with the quirks and unusual things that make life here even more interesting.

I like feeling more free here. They assume that I can make a reasonable judgment at an intersection, I can proceed if I see it OK. Back home they treat you like a monkey, you have to slam on the breaks to a complete screeching holt at every intersection. It does not matter even if it is in the middle of no where and doesn't make sense. Their will be a dozen police hiding in the bush to get you (it is so ridiculous and extreme ).......... Just a tiny small example.

Value on family, warmth of people in general, wine, prices (only at blue rate and only for certain things), women are attractive, football.

I think it's easier to call out the negative side of things than the positive but there are two sides to any coin. For me starting a business was more tangible here and a realistic opportunity, whereas in the States you have to start out with so much capital that it was never going to happen (also factor in the exchange rate that worked to my favor.)

So I think it's all about perspective. There are things I love about being here and things I don't but you just have to experience it for yourself and make your own judgement again. You take the good with the bad and the bad with the good anywhere you live. That's my two cents.

Good luck regardless, I know it must be tough with twins!!! I am a twin and I know my parents had their hands full when we were young and in a new country ;-) Enjoy the beautiful weather now and head to those parks!

Best,
Vanessa
www.fukuronoodlebar.com
Hello vanessacamozzi-san, Visited your Fukuro noodle site, I see that you are offering the Japanese styled- Ramen noodled hot bowl soup.? Why is that you page opens up with the famous _Mao tse Tung_'s face all over it? It is very odd indeed ? But being a Japanese myself, when I visit your city, have got to go and taste your "Ramen" till then, wishing success in your new venture.!

Rickey-san

I like that the street "altura" is a smart number. Each block is exactly 100 mts. So if you're @ Rivadavia 1000 and looking for Rivadavia 3500 you know you're exactly 2.5 km away from where you wana be. Even the subway have "altura" marked for the stations. First day I got off the boat, I easily went where I wanted without asking for directions. In many many NA cities you would not have any sense where you are. Some parts in NYC you can tell if there are numbered St's. and Ave's. But for the rest of the city you would never have a clue.

Back