Thoughts on working remotely in BA with the time difference?

Bossk

Registered
I live in California and I've been thinking about staying in Buenos Aires for a few months just for the hell of it, maybe starting in April or May. Due to the pandemic I work completely remotely from my laptop, but usually have several Zoom calls throughout the day. So while in BA, I'd have to maintain PST work hours, so like 2pm - 11pm Argentina time. I'd probably go to bed around 1am, wake up around 8am, and take the morning and early afternoon as personal time before having to work again.

Any thoughts or advice on what these hours would be like while living in BA? Does this seem crazy?

Depending on what type of person you are what you like, that could be the perfect work schedule. BA is very much a night time destination in my opinion. People eat dinner between 9 and midnight it seems. Well at least in palermo and puerto madero. If you like going out at night there's no reason to leave the house before 1am if going to a club. The bars are lively starting around 8pm. This is pretty much every day except Sunday.

I work remotely but on EST so only 1-2hs difference. I know people who work on Aussie time with 12hs diff and they can make it. It depends, I personally wouldn't be able to.

i think it all depends on if you like having personal time early or late.

for me, i like to be done with work early in the day and have the rest to myself.

Since dinner is later in the evening it's incredibly convenient. You can enjoy the day, work throughout the afternoon and you can still go get a proper meal.

Since dinner is later in the evening it's incredibly convenient. You can enjoy the day, work throughout the afternoon and you can still go get a proper meal.
who eats dinner after 11pm?

Back