Tigre Apt Rents, Anyone?

rpkerston

Registered
Howdy, once again, folks - and New Year's greetings!

I'm wondering if, among members, there might be any experience with apartment rental amounts in Tigre: I expect to be moving there and need to get a range of likely monthly rental amounts, there - in whatever currency. I don't yet know for sure but believe it will either be a studio, or (more likely) a one-bedroom apartment, and I know for certain that it will be within a relatively newly-built condo building in the principal, downtown area of Tigre - accessible to both train stations.

I have been very easily able to price apartment rentals in the various neigbourhoods of the federal district, itself, but I am finding it more challenging to get information relative to this suburb.

As always, many thanks. I already am familiar with much of the usual procedures involved with apartment rentals, there, and in this instance only seek to determine what is considered a reasonably fair-market rental amount if anybody has this knowledge.

Appreciatively,

Paul

Im not sure, but Id say the prices must be the same than in the city. Or even lower. Of course it depends on the property, location, construction quality, view, orientation, and a large etc, those are crucial factors.

I ignore if theres a market for temporary rentals as you have it in BsAs, I guess its more limited, so the lack of demand must be a difficulty on prices.

Id expect equal or lower prices than in BsAs.

Thank you, Matiasba. Your thinking is very similar to mine. I'm hoping that somebody reading this forum either has lived, currently lives or knows someone who actually lives in the downtown Tigre area and who can quote some examples that they may know having some direct experience. It may be a long-shot, but here goes, anyway, eh?

Thanks, again, for responding!

Paul

Hi there Paul.

You might be able to get a general idea using these three sites to search temporary rentals:

http://www.soloduenos.com - no broker's fee since it is "only owners"
http://www.enbuenosaires.com
http://www.zonaprop.com.ar

Good luck.

Ah, nice one, franksredhots! Truly.

I find myself absolutely amazed and very thankful for the generosity of this community: I've been doing online research for ages and while I've come up with an awful lot of info on my own, already, and I've discovered truly many things and learned very much, solo, I still have these seemingly incredible gaps in knowledge that I need... and you folks are filling in those gaps - wonderfully! I may have simply needed to do better searches on my own, but this help, here, has been a true help, indeed!

Much obliged to all: I feel like I have the basics, now.

Many thanks, again,

Paul

If you are out in Tigre, without a car, access to the city (if you need to commute to work) is going to be complicated. I don't know that there is anything particularly desirable within walking distance to the station. The nicer apartments in Tigre, or the newer builds, would tend to be closed neighbourhoords, i.e. with private security and controlled access. These are normally a little more remote and very car dependent. Anyone I know who lives out that far definitely relies on a car or motorbike for transport, and also to get things like shopping done.

If you will have a car and are thinking about commuting without driving then perhaps you could consider a folding bike to get back and forth from the train station? Apparently the best option for Tigre to city centre commuting is on 2 wheels. A friend of mines makes the trip in around 30 - 40 mins on a BMW scooter (was a GS1200 before, but the new BMW scooters are bit better for commuting in a suit apparently).

Tigre is nice, but without a car or bike it can be impractical is the bottom line, for shopping and commuting at least.

Tigre tends to become a mess in the rain (like today). It`s a really nice feel to the neighbourhood, but there`s a reason a lot of the houses are built up a couple of metres off of street level.

If you are thinking to live there to save money over capital, you need to live pretty far from the station, otherwise you'll end up paying about the same anyway. If you're living there because of lifestyle and don't care about money savings, it's another story. There are a whole bunch of developments going up that are very nice, but come with the pricetags to accompany them -- you'll pay as much in rent in some of the new complexes as you would to live along Libertador in Capital.

Tigre can be a bit scuzzy at night, if I lived out there I'd probably want a car anyway just to get to the supermarkets and if I needed to go anywhere at night, it's not too nice to walk around.

Back