Tourism open yet?

The rules are just a suggestion in Argentina. They are confusing and meant to "simulate" actual work being done. The "feisty" directora of Migraciones is a Kirchnerista/Campora apparatchik militante who is busy militar and not doing any actual work. She's got fotos of CFK and her husband throughout her office. There are thousands of people more qualified for the job who would have made excellent administrators but the job went to someone loyal to CFK.

No there is no logic in the rules. Technically, despite what has been said on several occasions, Argentines and Argentine residents are still required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Regardless of origin and no PCR test would change that requirement. However, if I were to travel from say Brazil to Buenos Aires, I would just do the PCR at the airport, have a seguro medico Covid and don't bother with the cuarentena for 14 days. In the unlikely event some checks on you [no one is really checking in CABA] and claim you have "violated" the rules, the case would be quickly dismissed. The Directora de migraciones is on the record in several occasions claiming that los argentinos are also exempt if they travel from paises limitrofes with a PCR(-). One can even file a counter case against Migraciones if they decide to pursue the "breach" of the DDJJ. So my advice, as long as you are traveling from Brazil,Chile, UY to CABA and can comply with the PCR-, seguro medico COVID, even as a resident in ARG, just go on with your life upon arrival. No one will check on you and if you do get "discovered" -- you have an easy legal path do dismiss the case.

The rules are just a suggestion in Argentina. They are confusing and meant to "simulate" actual work being done. The "feisty" directora of Migraciones is a Kirchnerista/Campora apparatchik militante who is busy militar and not doing any actual work. She's got fotos of CFK and her husband throughout her office. There are thousands of people more qualified for the job who would have made excellent administrators but the job went to someone loyal to CFK.

No there is no logic in the rules. Technically, despite what has been said on several occasions, Argentines and Argentine residents are still required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Regardless of origin and no PCR test would change that requirement. However, if I were to travel from say Brazil to Buenos Aires, I would just do the PCR at the airport, have a seguro medico Covid and don't bother with the cuarentena for 14 days. In the unlikely event some checks on you [no one is really checking in CABA] and claim you have "violated" the rules, the case would be quickly dismissed. The Directora de migraciones is on the record in several occasions claiming that los argentinos are also exempt if they travel from paises limitrofes with a PCR(-). One can even file a counter case against Migraciones if they decide to pursue the "breach" of the DDJJ. So my advice, as long as you are traveling from Brazil,Chile, UY to CABA and can comply with the PCR-, seguro medico COVID, even as a resident in ARG, just go on with your life upon arrival. No one will check on you and if you do get "discovered" -- you have an easy legal path do dismiss the case.
Sometimes the best part of Argentina is the confusion of living in Argentina... it is easy to disappear into the smoke and just ask for forgiveness later.

I would just avoid however doing anything "on the record" while supposed to be in quarantine - like leaving the country within 14 days of last arriving. Until there is something clear on the Migraciones / government website(s) or in the bulletin official, it is not safe to assume the quarantine does not apply because it was mentioned otherwise in the media.

Well, here it is - the actual thing.

I had to travel to Brazil urgently for work ( 22 Nov) and I did. I did a PCR test in CABA before departure.

I traveled to 3 cities in Brasil in 3 days.

I arrived at Sao Paolo (GRU) at 0600 in the morning yesterday. I went straight for the PCR test ( located next to departures gate in terminal 3). The wait time in queue was 2 hours and then once the tests was done, wait time is 4 hours. So Make sure you have 8 hours between flights.

When I checked in LATAM with my PCR result, they said - only for Brasilienos ( or non DNI holders) ; not required for you. refused to look at it.

The DDLJ - decleracion Jurada gives no scope to enter PCR result for anyone..even for Brasileros. Its only checked by airline staff - that you have completed the DDLJ before boarding.

On arrive at EZEIZA, the termperature was checked. However, at immigration, the immigration officer was checking the "COVID insurance" of Brasilieros ( non DNI holders) and purpose of entering and where they would stay and telling them not to leave AMBA.

When my turn came, I showed the immigration officer, my PCR test - he said, its not required for DNI holders but required for Brazil people. I said, I have to travel again soon to Brasil. Can I - He said, yes, since you came from Brasil, there is no issue. I said , rules are not clear but he said, do not worry.

so it seemed to be - no one reallly knows what's the exact rule...

She says that as of the next week, POTENTIALLY, they might change the rules to just ask for a PCR for the argentines and residents. Let's see what happens.

With link in the article to the boletín official.
Finally, was it so hard for the government to communicate clearly?

With link in the article to the boletín official.
Finally, was it so hard for the government to communicate clearly?
I saw this and read the boletín oficial. But all it does is allow “exceptions” for the blank ban. But it does not specify what these exception are. I guess these will be communicated over the coming days.

“Los visitantes nacionales y residentes de la Ciudad (que hayan viajado dentro del país) que lleguen por vía aérea deberán realizar un test al arribo en Ezeiza“

CABA, so far, has not made the exception.

Back