Tourism open yet?

All this confusion, even among Ezeiza immigration officials, certainly suggests that nobody is monitoring quarantines.

I travel from the US to BA on Monday, landing on Tuesday afternoon. Do I have to have a PCR test prior to travel, or is that the case only if I want to avoid the 14 day quarantine once the resolution is passed? I'm a permanent resident.

I travel from the US to BA on Monday, landing on Tuesday afternoon. Do I have to have a PCR test prior to travel, or is that the case only if I want to avoid the 14 day quarantine once the resolution is passed? I'm a permanent resident.

You dont need a PCR prior to travel. I did one before leaving NYC because I wanted. Even though the test result was negative, I couldn't avoid the quarantine.

Sorry, I just found this in Ambito Financiero:

El Gobierno anunciará en los próximos días que habilitará a los argentinos y residentes ingresar al país presentando un examen de PCR negativo, junto a una declaración jurada electrónica, dejando sin efecto la condición de cumplir con los 14 días de cuarentena.

You dont need a PCR prior to travel. I did one before leaving NYC because I wanted. Even though the test result was negative, I couldn't avoid the quarantine.
Sorry, I just found this in Ambito Financiero:

El Gobierno anunciará en los próximos días que habilitará a los argentinos y residentes ingresar al país presentando un examen de PCR negativo, junto a una declaración jurada electrónica, dejando sin efecto la condición de cumplir con los 14 días de cuarentena.
Thanks for both your posts. Yes, it looks like at this point that you still don't technically need a pcr test to travel from US to Argentina (according to American Airlines, US Embassy in Arg, and the Argentine Embassy in US). But if they pass the resolution early in the week, I wonder if I can I still avoid the 14 days, if I do a test in the States before leaving and another once I get there? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I believe, they don”t have the resources/ budget to implement a proper quarantine like China or Singapore. And at same time destroying economy via tourism or business travel. So i believe, better sense has prevailed finally/ hopefully.

I just saw this in La nacion: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/socieda...son-cuando-rigen-nuevos-requisitos-nid2523827

La directora nacional de Migraciones, Florencia Carignano, dio esta mañana precisiones sobre los nuevos requisitos para los argentinos que salen y entran al país, según los cuales un test PCR con resultado negativo y una declaración jurada reemplazarán la cuarentena obligatoria de 14 días. "Vamos a establecer, entiendo que a partir del lunes, que el ingreso a la República Argentina va a ser para todos [los argentinos], o para aquellos que estén autorizados a ingresar, con una declaración jurada online entre las 48 horas y hasta los 10 minutos antes de subir al avión y presentar un PCR negativo", precisó Carignano en una entrevista con CNN Radio. Al ser consultada por la fecha de comienzo en vigencia de la medida, la funcionaria estimó: "Seguramente a partir del 1° de diciembre, con el DNU que va a salir el domingo". " "Si no tienen el PCR negativo, no suben al avión", precisó.

Looks like as of Dec. 1 you must have a negative PCR test to enter the country. You're, of course, still going to have to fill out the the declaraion jurada and download the Cuidar app.

I traveled from Salta to BA last week, having only entry stamp back in March on my passport. Here is what I did and happened. Remind you this is only domestic, interprovincial travel.

You can apply for permiso de circulación with your passport (sin DNI) at the same website for Argentine. I chose for "motivo de traslado hasta frontera habilitada," legimate enough, but you can choose for other reasons such as family reunion, assisting needed etc. My permiso was issued instantly, that means nobody is checking the date entered.

To enter CABA from other province, national permiso de circulación Is only requirement. Each province has different rule but I believe no provincial requirement from Cordova and you can apply for provincial permit of Salta with passport.

Some province also require Cuidar app. The police at Salta airport asked me for one but explained that I don't have DNI, they made me fill out a paper form of "declaración jurada - cuidar Argentina." Some other argentinos having trouble with Cuidar app were also filling it out. The police were merely glancing at papers just checking all have ID, permiso de circulación, and Cuidar App. They didn't even cross reference my name, passport number, or check reason for travel on my permiso, or entry stamp or visa.

Check in, security check, boarding was as usual or more organized only one flight a day. The flight was about 80% full.

Upon arrival at Ezeiza, there was absolutely no checkpoint, only passing through temperature check by thermography, just walk out free.

Back