Tourism open yet?

Wow so much confusion! I've contacted the consulate office here in Toronto and asked. I'll post their response here once I receive it.
The comments section in that article indicates that lots of others are also unsure what all of this ultimately means...

Incidentally the CDC in the US is now recommending quarantines of 7 to 10 days instead of 14.

Response in 1hr 8 mins... Wow the Argentine government must be incredibly efficient & well organized.... :)

Dear Mr. Bert...

Currently there are restrictions in place prohibiting foreigners to travel to Argentina until November 29th, 2020. There is only one exception for nationals from Uruguay, Brazil, Paraguay and Chile (the ones that share limits with Argentina) and for foreigners living in those countries.

I suggest you to contact us a few days after that date to check if there is any updated information.

Best regards

Consul Maria Arrieta

Sección Consular – Consular Section
Consulado General de Argentina – Consulate General of Argentina
5001 Yonge Street Suite 201
Toronto, ON M2N 6P6
E-mail [email protected]
Web http://ctoro.mrecic.gov.ar

What if one resident of Arg arrives in Arg but has to leave again in 2-3 days. What happens?

There is a TV interview with the (fiesty) directora of Migraciones about the entry requirements. According to her:
  • Forget about opening to US and EU anytime soon
  • Negative PCR test to avoid quarantine only applies to tourists (e.g. of Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia)
    • These tourist may only visit AMBA
  • Argentine residents must do 14 days quarantine in their homes regardless of PCR test or not
    • This is due to the quantity of Argentine travellers vs. foreign tourists - the government thinks it is safer and easier to manage in this way. Migraciones will share a real time database with your province so each province can enforce the quarantines as they see fit. You need to declare the address where you quarantine on your DDJJ
The advice on quarantine seems to contradict with the rules of the CABA city government which was clear that it would only require quarantine of any person arriving from outside of AMBA if they tested positive at one of the checkpoints. Strange times, as always.

What if one resident of Arg arrives in Arg but has to leave again in 2-3 days. What happens?
Best advice - don't come back. Migraciones could give you a hard time at the airport when they see you should be in quarantine and would not be suprised if they trigger a persecution for breaching your DDJJ and get PSA to haul you off. I am in the same situation of having to do two trips around similar times. Will probably stay longer in Brazil and travel to and from there to avoid complicating matters here in Argentina. Sigh.

Much as I thought!

Will see how it works in practice after the 15th of December, I'm not due back until January...

I think the testing at Ezeiza is a bit of red herring and is related to Argentine citizens or Residents who return to CABA on a domestic flight. Think the wording has caused confusion.

I believe this is true :-

Argentinos que viajen desde países limítrofes:
Los argentinos que viajen desde países limítrofes, y lleguen al país por el aeropuerto de Ezeiza-Buenos Aires y por Buquebus desde Uruguay, tendrán la opción de evitar la cuarentena de 14 días si antes de viajar obtienen una prueba PCR (hisopado) con resultado negativo.

Lamentablemente, los argentinos que entren a Argentina por otras fronteras no podrán evitar la cuarentena de 14 días, que deberán realizar en un domicilio a su elección.

Will have to see if my company will fly me via Brazil and I’ll change passports on the way. Will have to get a PCR done in Sao Paolo.

This is utterly confusing. What is the significance of December 15? And in the letter from the consul what is the significance of November 29? Anyway as I understand it, more or less, 1) people from neighboring countries will be allowed in w/o a quarantine, 2) citizens/residents can enter at any time but must do a quarantine 3) people from Europe/USA and other countries are not allowed in at all?

Back