Tourism open yet?

They've fallen victim of their own success. A few months ago there was barely anyone waiting. The PCR "check in" staff is very slow and disorganized. It's not immediately clear which desk is for requesting a test and which one is for receiving the results. The medical staff that does the test is brilliant thou -- quick and efficient.

You better falar português because no one speaks english or spanish there.
100% Agreed to all the above. Still disorganized. I guess if Argentina opens up for everyone with a requirement of PCR test, there will be super long queues there

100% Agreed to all the above. Still disorganized. I guess if Argentina opens up for everyone with a requirement of PCR test, there will be super long queues there

long queues w/o distancing so you can catch Covid while you wait!

if you are so scared of catching COVID, my advice would be to stay put in one apartment/house for a year or two. No travels. No outings.
No social distancing in plabes except obligatory use of masks.

So AR just canceled all their incoming flights to EZE on 1 December from Brazil and Chile. I guess they didn't want to risk with having to deal with all the rules changing that day and decided to to just sit that one out.

You are literally more likely to be run over a cab while crossing the street at a crosswalk in BA than getting COVID in that situation.

You are literally more likely to be run over a cab while crossing the street at a crosswalk in BA than getting COVID in that situation.

How do you know? I thought being close to a person who coughs, sneezes, talks in a loud voice, sings etc. can result in Covid. Isn't that why many countries have banned groups? I read that if you are close to someone with Covid for fifteen minutes the risk greatly accelerates.

How do you know? I thought being close to a person who coughs, sneezes, talks in a loud voice, sings etc. can result in Covid. Isn't that why many countries have banned groups? I read that if you are close to someone with Covid for fifteen minutes the risk greatly accelerates.
Thru the magic of statistics.
You are totally right thou. While waiting in line, I had my face glued to that other guy's ass, while he was sneezing in another guy's face, who was coughing and speaking loudly at that lady who was singing while her teenage son was speaking loudly on his phone, all this while being at an airport that for some reason had stopped enforcing social distancing or face-mask wearing rules.

Last edited:
Thru the magic of statistics.
You are totally right thou. While waiting in line, I had my face glued to that other guy's ass, while he was sneezing in another guy's face, who was coughing and speaking loudly at that lady who was singing while her teenage son was speaking loudly on his phone, all this while being at an airport that for some reason had stopped enforcing social distancing or face-mask wearing rules.

I am merely quoting what health authorities have repeatedly said - close contact, shouting, singing, etc spread the virus. Maybe they are all wrong.

1 Dec is upon us and no sign of the decree removing the cuarentena for those arriving with a PCR. Flor de la Campora, has stricken again. Going on half a dozen media outlets to announce a change that never took place. She did this in October, announcing the exact same thing and it never happened.
This time I am sure it will happen, but will likely take a day or two more. Just a reminder to ignore the K militante parachuted into what should have been a career admin appointment.
I am highly skeptical of one thing she keeps repeating, that Argies MUST have a PCR to be able to fly home. That's why I want to see the actual decree. My guess is that the PCR will be an option to avoid being subjected to the "mandatory" self-isolation (which is not enforced in 99% of the time).
Let's see what happens mañana.

1 Dec is upon us and no sign of the decree removing the cuarentena for those arriving with a PCR. Flor de la Campora, has stricken again. Going on half a dozen media outlets to announce a change that never took place. She did this in October, announcing the exact same thing and it never happened.
This time I am sure it will happen, but will likely take a day or two more. Just a reminder to ignore the K militante parachuted into what should have been a career admin appointment.
I am highly skeptical of one thing she keeps repeating, that Argies MUST have a PCR to be able to fly home. That's why I want to see the actual decree. My guess is that the PCR will be an option to avoid being subjected to the "mandatory" self-isolation (which is not enforced in 99% of the time).
Let's see what happens mañana.

What happened in the 1% enforcements?

Back