Tourism open yet?

Looking to complete the Dec. Juarada for tomorrow/06th. Its giving both the options.. That is one can opt for a 14 day quarantine or submit the PDF of the PCR.

I believe its the wisest thing they have done..giving a good possibility to end user.

I believe next step should be reduce quarantine to 10 days as many countries have already started.

You need a PCR (or a certificado showing you have had covid already) to be allowed to board the plane. The rule will be enforced as of tomorrow.
Don't try to deduce anything based on the DDJJ -- that declaration is done by someone with basic IT skills -- it's horrible, clunky and not intuitive. I just tried to fill it out of curiosity and for me it doesn't even allow me to attach a PCR, not sure how you managed to see that option.

You need a PCR (or a certificado showing you have had covid already) to be allowed to board the plane. The rule will be enforced as of tomorrow.
Don't try to deduce anything based on the DDJJ -- that declaration is done by someone with basic IT skills -- it's horrible, clunky and not intuitive. I just tried to fill it out of curiosity and for me it doesn't even allow me to attach a PCR, not sure how you managed to see that option.
try with nationaility argentina and dni and returning to country..its showing exactly as I said in my previous post.

yes, total 3 pages...and its giving me option of 14 day Q or PCR
Ok so they have made a modification of the DDJJ for Argentines then. It used to be a single page before. Still, the DDJJ is not well done, in the sense that the developers were lazy and they did not code it with an IF THEN clause -- if passenger choses method of transport "AIR" give them only option to attach PCR, and if they chose "LAND" give them both options for Q or PCR. So you see both options not because AR allows or considers allowing either-or but because of a public sector IT guy not bothering to add a single line of code. Ultimately, the airline will deny you boarding without the PCR.

if PCR is compulsory, its impossible every argentine will have a negative pCR. out of curiosity, what is protocol for anyone getting positive PCR at that lab at Sao paolo airport, terminal? will he be allowed to board the flights and then continue with quarantine? is that facility at airport required to take some action? or will the argentine be expected to quarantine at GRU airport for 14 days?

Laws are not clear.

if PCR is compulsory, its impossible every argentine will have a negative pCR. out of curiosity, what is protocol for anyone getting positive PCR at that lab at Sao paolo airport, terminal? will he be allowed to board the flights and then continue with quarantine? is that facility at airport required to take some action? or will the argentine be expected to quarantine at GRU airport for 14 days?

Laws are not clear.

Easy answer. No they will not be allowed to board duhhh. They may be placed in quarantine according to the rules of the country where they are (in this case Brasil). So check the rules on Brasil -- in the case of GRU, my guess is they will just send you home or to your hotel. Come back in 10-14 days.

Does anyone else see it as highly unlikely non-bordering country tourists will be allowed this year? If some of the requirements are changing as of the 16th, I don't see why four days later they would make new exceptions. What a downer for those trying to get in.

Also Larreta confirming yesterday that the new testing at Ezeiza will be meant for bordering country tourists, dashing hopes that the 15th would be the date everything turns around.

if PCR is compulsory, its impossible every argentine will have a negative pCR. out of curiosity, what is protocol for anyone getting positive PCR at that lab at Sao paolo airport, terminal?

my understanding is that Argentina cannot reject such an argentine at the border.
But airline is free to reject boarding.

So the only option is to head to a land border crossing.

Ok so they have made a modification of the DDJJ for Argentines then. It used to be a single page before. Still, the DDJJ is not well done, in the sense that the developers were lazy and they did not code it with an IF THEN clause -- if passenger choses method of transport "AIR" give them only option to attach PCR, and if they chose "LAND" give them both options for Q or PCR. So you see both options not because AR allows or considers allowing either-or but because of a public sector IT guy not bothering to add a single line of code. Ultimately, the airline will deny you boarding without the PCR.
you reminded me of a quarter century old slogan of the days Mainframe struggled to get away from spaghetti code...
If "ELSE" has to go, then "THEN" has to go too...
The govt IT dudes just follow the classic Argentine policy of "god forbid we apply any logic and common sense".
Probably the same geniuses that created the ever versatile RADEX which can't distinguish between the first time application and renewal or change of category...

Back