Tourism open yet?

Got my code for my digital dni today, still don't have the physical copy. Was able to get my new tramite number off it. The cuidar app still does not work with my dni.
At the risk of annoy you. Delete the app, restart your phone, wait 1 hour and re-download. Put in your data again. I know you've tried but try again.

Any issues with the airlines in the USA or Canada letting the passengers on the flights? When I call the Airlines they read the IATA website and nowhere on there does it say direct relatives are allowed. So just a bit nervous about them not having the information, although I am certain there will be multiple people in the same position.

Another trip report: from BA to Mar de las Pampas on Saturday, taking the inland route via Chascomus on route 11, then 63 across to route 11/56. We had all our documentation, certificados de verano, but weren't checked once, not even entering Mar de las Pampas where there's a big checkpoint, but nobody checking anything. There are plenty of police out, cars parked under trees at the side of the road, but no activity. The most activity was at the multiple RADAR traps. The trip took just under 4.5 hours.

Hoping to see 84% eclipse here today, it will be windy but clear I hope. I figured there was too much risk driving further south, the zone of totality on the coast is in Rio Negro province.

Has there been any further news/speculation as to when the borders may open for Europeans? Could it happen in Jan or Feb?

Has anyone filled out the DDJJ coming in as a direct family member? It doesn't have an option for that sort of travel.. do you select "tourism"? Also there is nowhere to upload the PCR and the travel insurance.

On the government website it states "Within 48 hours prior to shipment, complete electronic DDJJ where you must attach negative PCR (the sample collection cannot take more than 72 hours prior to shipment) and Covid-19 medical insurance"

I am unable to technically do that. Anyone successfully completed that?

Has anyone filled out the DDJJ coming in as a direct family member? It doesn't have an option for that sort of travel.. do you select "tourism"? Also there is nowhere to upload the PCR and the travel insurance.

On the government website it states "Within 48 hours prior to shipment, complete electronic DDJJ where you must attach negative PCR (the sample collection cannot take more than 72 hours prior to shipment) and Covid-19 medical insurance"

I am unable to technically do that. Anyone successfully completed that?

That form is made by total imbeciles. Yes just put TURISMO. That would be fine.
If you don't figure out a way to adjuntar the PCR to the DDJJ just fill it in and submit without. They will ask you for the physical PCR certificate anyway both at the airport of origin and at Ezeiza -- Migraciones.

When is your flight? Hopefully you have some time to ask your local AR consulate.

That form is made by total imbeciles. Yes just put TURISMO. That would be fine.
If you don't figure out a way to adjuntar the PCR to the DDJJ just fill it in and submit without. They will ask you for the physical PCR certificate anyway both at the airport of origin and at Ezeiza -- Migraciones.

When is your flight? Hopefully you have some time to ask your local AR consulate.
The consulate just stopped answering people. You have to email them but they don’t respond.
One more question. Has anyone entered with the negative PCR. Everywhere it states 72 hours before first embarktation. When I’m getting on my first flight it will be around 63 hours but on my last flight it will be about 80 hours. Will I have any issues boarding my last flight? I have called the airline. They say they agree with my interpretation however no way to talk to actual gate agents that process these every night.

The consulate just stopped answering people. You have to email them but they don’t respond.
One more question. Has anyone entered with the negative PCR. Everywhere it states 72 hours before first embarktation. When I’m getting on my first flight it will be around 63 hours but on my last flight it will be about 80 hours. Will I have any issues boarding my last flight? I have called the airline. They say they agree with my interpretation however no way to talk to actual gate agents that process these every night.
I'd try to play dumb in states and not to mention PCR at all, unless they ask for it. There is no negotiation with stupidity, so all you can do is to keep your fingers crossed. I flew business with United Van to Houston and then Houston to Ezeiza. Had two carry on under the weight limit and a tiny purse. No issues of course in Van, but boarding at Houston was told by a middle age obese female that I am only allowed two pieces. Showed her the ticket fine print, showed her the boarding pass from Van with the same airline, told her I had those with me on the first leg and and it was as per the ticket rules. NO dice, she kept telling me to go check it in and go through security etc, with a flight taking off in 20 min. I took a plush monkey out of one of the bags and stuffed the purse in instead and asked her if a pet is ok and she waved me in...Would have been a hilarious story if it wasn't so fucking stressful to deal with her and risk missing the flight...You also flying on Xmas, may be they will be less obnoxious in a holiday spirit. Best of luck...

Back