traditional Spanish classes

Santiago Henry

Registered
Does anyone know of a Spanish school in Buenos Aires that teaches a more traditional Spanish. What little Spanish I know, has been hard fought, and I am hoping I don't have to throw out my "tu" and double LL pronunciation and start over. There is no offense intended, but I only plan on being here another 4 months, and then I will travel through the rest of South America. Thanks

I think this will be very hard to find at an institute. Imagine being in the US and asking an English school to teach you in a British accent !

My suggestion would be to take private lessons from a Colombian, Ecuadorian or Mexican private teacher which would give you the classic Tu instead of vos and non-sh/zh "LL" pronouciation.

Suerte!

Santiago Henry said:
Does anyone know of a Spanish school in Buenos Aires that teaches a more traditional Spanish. . . . I am hoping I don't have to throw out my "tu" and double LL pronunciation . . . .
For what it's worth, S.H., the voseu is a very old (well, okay, late mediaeval, I understand) form of address, originally reserved for speaking to the king or divinity; and the pronunciation of "ll" found in Argentina is, perhaps, even older, originating not among Italian immigrants but in Andalusia during the Moslem occupation. So what you'd learn and use in Argentina and a few other places is actually little less traditional than the tuteo and "yuh" pronunciation, if rather more provincial.

Back